* FaceOfTheBand: Paul Smith is the most recognisable, due to his NiceHat, love of jumping around on stage and previously his comb-over
* TrueArtIsAngsty: Most of their songs deal with break-ups, broken relationships or loneliness
* EpicRiff: ''Our Velocity'' starts off quiet, but then it kicks with a mighty, very loud guitar riff.
* MustacheVandalism: Possibly in the lyrics to "Standing by the Monument": "Defacing pictures of famous people on the train..." (That's all we know.)
* GoodWithNumbers: Cf. "A Fortnight's Time": "Five times five equals twenty-five..." (It's just pop music - did you expect differential equations?)
* NewSoundAlbum: "Too Much Information". Still Maximo Park, but clearly different.