* AwesomeArt: Susumu Matsushita's cool Western Animation inspired art style really shows in this game.
* AwesomeMusic: It was composed by TommyTallarico, so it's to be expected. Army of Zin has a more action packed soundtrack.
* BestBossEver: The final battle against [[spoiler:the Demon Queen]] in the first game. [[spoiler:It's pitch black, with only the occasional lightning illuminating the room. Sometimes, when it cracks, she appears right next to you!]] It's pulse pounding, terrifying, and amazing for a final battle.
* EarWorm: The common usage of the original GhostsNGoblins theme in Ghosts to Glory will become this very quickly.
* EvenBetterSequel: Ghosts to Glory was a great game, but Army of Zin expanded upon it greatly with a more combo oriented combat system and many frustrating things from the first game removed (namely, CameraScrew has been lessened, and you no longer have to pay to save the game).
* HellIsThatNoise: Basically, the sounds of any enemies you don't want to encounter are this. Special mention goes to the alligator that does major damage if he bites you, and the ghast that drops you into Bottomless Pits.
* MostWonderfulSound: The sound when you pick up armor.
* NightmareFuel: The final boss is definitely this, [[spoiler:especially if you have a fear of the dark]].
* ThatOneBoss: As mentioned on the main article, many bosses have GuideDangIt moments that will annoy some players. Bokor Labas is pretty straightforward, but for some of the others in the first game . . .
** Ghastly Gus can be easily dealt with using the shield throw, but if you don't have it, you are required to [[spoiler:downward strike his foot when it's vulnerable]].
** Captain Cadaver can easily be knocked into the grates, but to damage him, you have to [[spoiler:duck and slash his peg-leg]].
** Achille, despite being a little more straightforward than the others, has some annoying attacks, including a move where he can turn into a monster while healing himself, and another where he puts up a shield that can only be dealt with using a certain powerup. Don't have that powerup? Sorry, you'll just have to dodge. [[spoiler:Fortunately, he becomes a pushover once his staff breaks and he uses it like a spear.]]