* AngstDissonance: Get your awesome and incredibly popular Version 1 gimmick wrecked because WWE creative thinks the fans are responding ''too positively'' to it? Watch one of your best friends steal your girlfriend and get fired for complaining about it? Get rehired only to be stuck on jobber-to-the-stars duty for a year? Get stuck on jobber-to-the-stars duty for another year because you do something that gets The Undertaker angry? Watch said former best friend become a huge superstar specifically because he went behind your back and stole your girlfriend while you're losing matches? Get fired because you gained weight because of an illness? Wrestle another two years with another injury before getting the needed surgery? Watch you brother's drug related transgressions get forgiven repeatedly by WWE and TNA? "[=LoL=], Fatt Hardy needs to man up and lose some weight."
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: After a Pizza-eating contest with MVP, he ate two slices while MVP ate none. Cue Matt blowing chunks all over him while he complains.
** In his return promo after the Edge[=/=]Lita affair, Matt stated he wanted them to die in a car crash. He almost imeddiately lost a lot of the support he had at the time.
** After his 2008 FaceHeelTurn, he proceeded to take credit for every misfortune his younger brother had suffered since his rise to the main event started. Including the real life destruction of Jeff's house in a fire, which claimed the life of Jeff's beloved dog. The WWE seemed to realise [[MoralEventHorizon this was a step too far]], and subsequently ignored Matt taking credit for the fire.
* EpicFail: Advertise your "rebirth" in professional wrestling by... faking suicide? Instead of building up hype for his comeback, Matt managed to blackball himself from both WWE and TNA, and lose the support of the few fans who hadn't jumped on the Edge bandwagon.
* HilariousInHindsight: As version 1.0, Matt Hardy would make weight to be around the expected size depending on whether he was challegning for the cruiser weight championship or WWE championship.
* HollywoodPudgy: Matt is quite possibly the best-known male example. He's constantly made fun of for his weight gain (especially with [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs Scott Steiner quotes).]] Even dropping the weight hasn't stopped the criticism.
** In one vlog he explains that his weight gain was due to digestive problems, and has gone on many diets to drop the weight. The diets all included grapes.
** To be fair, one vlog showed Matt working out fairly hard (one might consider it a little too hard), and stating he would be on a diet guaranteed to help him in weight loss, and then showed up in TNA just as pudgy as before, if not worse. It's not hard to see why Matt is picked on for this after that.
** What does ScottSteiner think of Matt Hardy?
*** HE'S FAT!!!
* NeverLiveItDown: When it was discovered that his girlfriend Lita was cheating on him with friend and frequent on-screen foe Edge, Matt had something of a meltdown and got fired by talking about the affair publicly. Since then, Matt's been stuck with the stigma as the guy who Lita cheated on and never got over it. More recently, he hasn't been able to live down being the guy WWE released for being fat.
** Some of the language he used during the storyline with Edge and Lita was inappropriate for a sympathetic babyface. Primarily, in his return promo after having been fired, he wished death upon them via a car wreck and completely lost the crowd.
* OlderThanTheyThink: Matt was actually the first WWE Superstar to start a WebOriginal series, pre-dating Wrestling/ZackRyder's ''Z! True Long Island Story'' by 6 years, and Wrestling/TheMiz & Wrestling/JohnMorrison's ''The Dirt Sheet'' by 3 years.
* '''TheScrappy''': While [[JeffHardy his brother]] is a BaseBreaker due to his drug problems, Matt has been the Universal whipping boy of the IWC ever since the Edge/Lita controversy. The fake suicide publicity stunt did him no favors.
** RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap: Has set about putting his life back together since his suicide stunt, and is now doing fairly well for himself on the indies. The IWC has been warming up to him, if slowly.