* AccidentalInnuendo: "Team Tuna" from ''7'''s 8-Player Mode.
** Waluigi has polio, and any coins he wins in the games that don't go towards Stars are for the Polio Fund.
** According to events in King Boo's Haunted Hideaway, Boo is a deadbeat dad who ran out on his ex-girlfriend Pink Boo and their kids, and has a strained relationship with his father King Boo.
* DesignatedVillain: PlayedForLaughs with Mr. Doom. Anyone who's doing well is likely to get called a villain as well.
* EpicFail: In the Pirate Dream board in Mario Party 5 , both bombs blew up at the same time in Defuse It or Lose It, causing a draw!
* HilariousInHindsight: At the start of [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PZr_rCMrbM Toy Dream]], Holms comments that "In the next game, they should have a 0 dice block." One year later, ''9'' delivered just that.
** To wit, Steeler's main issues with ''5'' are: the lack of shops forcing players to rely completely on the [[RandomNumberGod luck of the draw]] from the capsule machine; the fact you can be hurt by [[HoistByHisOwnPetard traps you set yourself]]; and the fact [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking he can't play as DK or Toadette]].
** They weren't particularly fond of ''9'', either, for many of the same reasons. No item shops, fewer mini-games, and the absence of Toadette and Boo.
** The voting mechanic in certain titles to decide what battle minigame to play. If two people vote for one game and two others for a second, the game will automatically [[TakeAThirdOption choose the third one]]. It's not unusual to see the guys deliberately delay voting as long as possible, as they're well aware whoever votes last can be the REAL decider.
* TheWoobie: Poor Clel can rarely catch a break. Ironically, though, he's [[IronWoobie easily the least salty of the guys]].