* AccidentalInnuendo: "Team Tuna" from ''7'''s 8-Player Mode.
** Waluigi has polio, and any coins he wins in the games that don't go towards Stars are for the Polio Fund.
** According to events in King Boo's Haunted Hideaway, Boo is a deadbeat dad who ran out on his ex-girlfriend Pink Boo and their kids, and has a strained relationship with his father King Boo.
* DesignatedVillain: PlayedForLaughs with Mr. Doom. Anyone who's doing well is likely to get called a villain as well.
* EpicFail: In the Pirate Dream board in Mario Party 5 , both bombs blew up at the same time in Defuse It or Lose It, causing a draw!
** "[[RunningGag Press A, Holms!]]"
** It's not unusual for the players to frequently check the map, counting out how many spaces they've got left and trying to see which path is best. Hardly unusual, but also brings out its share of salt.
** Stand-offs over which battle minigame to play when they're actually offered a choice can get ''ridiculously'' long. For a perfect example of this, check Episode 3-6 of ''Play Every Mario Party'', where they spend over ''nine minutes'' arguing over ''one minigame''.
* HilariousInHindsight: At the start of [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PZr_rCMrbM Toy Dream]], Holms comments that "In the next game, they should have a 0 dice block." One year later, ''9'' delivered just that.
** To wit, Steeler's main issues with ''5'' are: the lack of shops forcing players to rely completely on the [[RandomNumberGod luck of the draw]] from the capsule machine; the fact you can be hurt by [[HoistByHisOwnPetard traps you set yourself]]; and the fact [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking he can't play as DK or Toadette]].
** They weren't particularly fond of ''9'', either, for many of the same reasons. No item shops, fewer mini-games, and the absence of Toadette and Boo.
** The voting mechanic in certain titles to decide what battle minigame to play. If two people vote for one game and two others for a second, the game will automatically [[TakeAThirdOption choose the third one]]. It's not unusual to see the guys deliberately delay voting as long as possible, as they're well aware whoever votes last can be the REAL decider.
* TheWoobie: Poor Clel can rarely catch a break. Ironically, though, he's [[IronWoobie easily the least salty of the guys]].