* DemonicSpiders: The green fireballs, which spawned not from the pipes, but ''directly on your current floor''.
* EarWorm: The opening snippet of "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik", a classic Mozart song.
* HilariousInHindsight: The commercial for "Atari" Mario Bros..
* MemeticMutation: "Mario, where are you?!", from the aforementioned commercial.
* SequelDisplacement: ''VideoGame/SuperMarioBros'' is a lot more famous. So much so, that most (though not all) later games kept the "Super" part of the name [[ArtifactTitle which resulted in displacing the original meaning]].[[note]]First there was Mario Bros., then there was "Super" Mario Bros..[[/note]]
** That having been said, Nintendo still shows this game a lot of love, having remade it multiple times and even making it a stage in SuperSmashBrosBrawl.