* HoYay : Charlus and the Narrator - but this seems to be one-sided. Also, Saint-Loup and the Narrator.
* LesYay : Andrée and Albertine.
* SignatureScene: The Famous Madeleine Scene.
* TrueArtIsAngsty: Marcel suffers endless anguish about whether or not his lovers really love him, the true meanings of remarks they made to him, the impossibility of really knowing the people you love, etc.
* TrueArtIsIncomprehensible: Averted. If there's one consistent feature about the way Proust writes, it's that he can be ''witheringly'' clear and precise about relations between people. Everything gets analysed, nothing is handwaved.