* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: Much debate has been had about whether they're a StealthParody or SeriousBusiness about everything they do. There seems to be no in-between... but what else would you expect from Manowar?
** If they ARE a StealthParody, they are a VERY [[AffectionateParody affectionate one]]. Their love for the genre and its conventions is undeniable.
* AwesomeMusic: EVERYTHING THEY HAVE EVER WRITTEN. EVERYTHING.
* ClicheStorm: The band's lyrics often seem like this. [[TropesAreNotBad It's not a bad thing, though]]; it just adds to the band's general NarmCharm.
* EndingFatigue: "Blood of the Kings"
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: They're ''far'' more popular in Europe than in their home country of America, where they're more of a cult band.
** They are also very popular in South America, Japan, and Australia.
** Many fans don't even know that they are from America and assume they are British. Having a couple of songs that mention how they met in England probably doesn't help.
* HoYay: "Blood Brothers" from ''Gods of War'' could almost be considered a love song instead of a song about the PowerOfFriendship.
** "We like it hard, we like it fast" from the song "Kings of Metal" is this.
* MemeticMutation: The artwork for ''Anthology'', depicting the band wearing only loincloths. It's frequently listed as one of the worst metal album covers of all time. It's not considered an official release by the band. (Though ''The Kingdom of Steel: The Very Best of Manowar'' is the only one of several compilations they endorse, so it might not be just because of the album art.)
* NarmCharm: Well, the band's lyrics ''are'' all about ridiculously over-the-top machismo, and nobody hides it, and nobody pretends to have any deep message in those lyrics either. However, would the band still be Manowar if things were any different? Of course, their songs do go in considerable depth about Norse mythology, and Achiles was noted by one scholar as being a stellar example of ShownTheirWork. Also, ChristopherLee likes them.
* SeinfeldIsUnfunny: Manowar has often been criticized for being "cliche" due to using [[HeavyMithril sword-and-sorcery themes]] in their songs, when they are actually the most popular of the first metal bands noted to continually do so.