* MemeticMutation: The show's home video sales gave rise to the idea of the "Manabi Line", the number of home video sales required for an anime to "break even".
* NightmareFuel: Mei's trauma-fueled perspective-tunnel imagination bit.
* OneSceneWonder: The lone student council member that Mikan took over for. She only appears for a single flashback scene is the first episode, but is one of the funniest parts of the episode.
* UncannyValley: The EndingTheme dips right into it with the transition from anime to stop-motion.
** Not really that UncannyValley; ufotable has a tradition of using clay animation in their ending sequences.
* TheWoobie: Mikan (and Mei at a certain point)