* DeaderThanDisco: A borderline case. In the early-mid 2000s the series was very popular, and many will still admit to liking (albeit probably not ''loving'') the radio series and the first TV series. However, everything else after that now tends to be regarded as total crap, and a major contributor to the blacklash against the classic BritCom format later in that decade.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: This show is quite popular in Germany.
* HoYay: Sebastian, the prime minister's right hand man. Come on, guys!
* OneSceneWonder: Boris the Russian babysitter, from episode eight of the first season.
* SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome: If the audience's reaction is anything to go by, it's [[spoiler:the PM and Gregory kissing]] in season 3.
** Any time someone puts Marjorie Dawes in her place.
** [[spoiler: Computer says "Yes!"]]
* RecycledPremise: The show has been criticized for ripping off the surreal and grotesque humour found in ''Series/TheLeagueOfGentlemen'', of whom Lucas and Walliams are both fans and friends. That said, ''League of Gentlemen'' member Creator/MarkGatiss served as one of the co-writers on series 1.
* RetroactiveRecognition: Andy's new caretaker Mrs Mead is [[Film/HarryPotterAndTheOrderOfThePhoenix Dolores Umbridge]].
* TheScrappy: Nearly any character introduced after series 1 has had a pretty frigid reception compared to the series 1 characters, due to the series' increasing dependence on shock-humour. Carol Beer was the major exception, with "computer says no" and variants thereof achieving MemeticMutation status for a while, and Sir Norman Fry was considered somewhat amusing by the standards of series 3, albeit the "sleazy Tory" stereotype that he embodied was getting old even in 2005.
* SubbingVersusDubbing: In Austria, Little Britain is shown with subtitles. In Germany, it's dubbed. '''But:''' the dubbing is done by comedians Oliver Welke and Oliver Kalkofe, who used to have a similar radio show.
* TheWoobie: Lou. He's little more than a slave to Andy and has at one point had to risk his life for the ungrateful lout. [[http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/to-do-l-little-britain.jpg Here's his to-do list.]] Check out the last line.
** The fatfighters take a lot of abuse. They stand up to Majorie and leave in the series 2 finale, but are back in series 3 because they can't lose weight on their own.