* ActorAllusion: Creator/AmandaSeyfried [[Theatre/MammaMia as Sophie]]
* FakeBrit: Chris Egan playing Charlie is Australian.
* FridgeBrilliance: [[spoiler:There's only one Sophie in this world.]]
* HeyItsThatGuy: Patricia [[spoiler:the cousin at the wedding]] is played by Ashley Lilley, who also played Ali, one of Creator/AmandaSeyfried's bridesmaids in Theatre/MammaMia. Coincidentally, both characters played by Creator/AmandaSeyfried are named Sophie.
* RealLifeRelative: Franco Nero and Vanessa Redgrave broke up, married other people, reunited and married in real life.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: The filmmakers could have looked at how the Secretaries Of Juliet are affected by it, or at some of the writers of the letters, or indeed focused on the Vanessa Redgrave character... or they could have done what they did, which is devote most of the running time to Sophie's love life (not helped by Charlie being unworthy of Sophie thanks to his being considerably more charmless and unlikeable [from first frame to last] than her fiancÚ, drip though he may be).