* BaseBreakingCharacter: Albin. Some fans like him and think he brings out the best in Karine, while others think he's a controlling bastard and Karine's change wasn't really her own choice.
* BrokenBase: Some think Karine was right to dump Dan because he didn't trust her, but others argue that with all the evidence against Karine as well as Dan being manipulated by his friends and Melanie it was understandable that he wouldn't trust her.
* CrossTheLineTwice: Some of Vicky and Jenny's antics are downright homicidal. This is played for laughs...usually.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: [[spoiler:Karine gets hers at the end of volume 4, ObfuscatingStupidity to pull a BatmanGambit that finally exposes Melanie's true self for the world to see.]]
* HollywoodHomely: Karine is nicknamed 'The Walking Noodle' and is used by her friends to make them look prettier in comparison, while her design is pretty cute. Once she gets a more flattering wardrobe and haircut, along with some self confidence, she becomes almost as sought after as Vicky and Jenny.
* IKnewIt: A real life and in-universe example in volume 5. [[spoiler: Both Dan and some readers suspected Albin was manipulating Karine. Albin convinced Dan he was wrong, but in the end it turned out these suspicions were justified.]]
* JerkassWoobie: Vicky in later albums. Volume 7 pushes Jenny there to, though its almost entirely her own fault.
** Borders on OutOfCharacterMoment but one gag in the first album involves Vicky trying to [[MurderTheHypotenuse drown the girlfriend of a hot lifeguard.]]
** A gag has John John threatening to drop Dan down a busy overpass by holding him by the ankle over said overpass, apparently because Jenny complained that he tried to have Karine spend less time with her.
** [[spoiler:Melanie may have crossed it when she tried to frame Karine for trying to poison her, just to keep her from exposing her lies.]]
* TearJerker: Pretty much the entire last ten pages of tome 7.
* TheWoobie: Karine