* BaseBreaker: Albin. Some fans like him and think he brings out the best in Karine, while others think he's a controlling bastard and Karine's change wasn't really her own choice.
** Some think Karine was right to dump Dan because he didn't trust her, but others argue that with all the evidence against Karine and Dan being manipulated by Melanie and his friends it was understandable that he wouldn't trust her.
* CrossTheLineTwice: Some of Vicky and Jenny's antics are downright homicidal. This is played for laughs...usually.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: [[spoiler:Karine gets hers at the end of volume 4, ObfuscatingStupidity to pull a BatmanGambit that finally exposes Melanie's true self for the world to see.]]
* IKnewIt: A real life and in-universe example in volume 5. [[spoiler: Both Dan and some readers suspected Albin was manipulating Karine. Albin convinced Dan he was wrong, but in the end it turned out these suspicions were justified.]]
* [[spoiler: LesYay: In volume 6, between Vicky and her new neighbor.]]
* MoralEventHorizon: [[spoiler:Melanie may have crossed it when she tried to frame Karine for trying to poison her, just to keep her from exposing her lies.]]
* TheWoobie: Karine