* AccidentalInnuendo: The scene during "Master of Disguise" where Robbie sneaks up on Stingy, a 6 year old boy, while singing "You walk right by me, not knowing that I'm slimy!" complete with a [[MemeticMolester creepy predator-esque]] expression on his face.
** Ms. Busybody gets a face full of sunscreen in "Sportacus Saves the Toys" when the Mayor angrily slams his fist on the bottle.
** [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdVSLmFJDmc MMM MMMM Creamy!]]
* AdaptationDisplacement: Not a lot of people know that Series/LazyTown was based on a play and its sequel.
* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: An insane amount of these center around Robbie Rotten.
** According to [[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.55409#404534 this thread]], Robbie Rotten is a TragicHero, as the series actually takes place AfterTheEnd and his goal to keep the kids inside is actually to protect them from radiation. Sort of Jossed in "Sportacus Save The Toys" when Sportacus visits France and China. Both countries seem to be fine.
** The fandom is known for its interpretations of character backstories. Fanfiction writers often give Robbie Rotten a tragic past. A few diehards have created interpretations of the mythical "Number Nine", mentioned only in one episode. A lot of fan theories revolve around Nine being Sportacus' father.
** [[http://worldofcrap.weebly.com/lazy-town---defending-freedom-and-cake.html This article]] argues that Robbie Rotten is the OnlySaneMan and that trying to let children play and eat sweets is actually preferable to Sportacus' enforcement of brutal physical torture and diet of seeds.
** Another fan theory suggests that Robbie Rotten was one of the former superheroes of Lazytown, who gave up because he was frustrated with the kids reverting back to their old ways every time (that is, until Sportacus came along), so he just gave up and encouraged them to be lazy out of spite whilst being the town's villain for his own amusement.
*** Another theory similar to this one poses that Robbie was one of the original heroes, before Sportacus (ten) and the mysterious Number Nine; after all, the first of the heroes would be Number One.
** Stefan Karl did a Reddit [=AMA=] in 2016. One question was "Way deep down inside, what does Robbie '''really''' think about the residents of Series/LazyTown?" Stefan's response? [[IJustWantToHaveFriends "I wish I could be their friend."]] That's just...[[TearJerker damn]].
* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: [[AwesomeMusic/LazyTown See the sub-page]].
* CriticalResearchFailure: In ''You Are A Pirate," Stephanie sings that "If you love to sail the sea, you are a pirate!" Uh, Stephanie? Ever heard of this thing called a sailor?
* EarWorm: '''Every single song.'''
** Especially [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI You Are A Pirate]] and [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8hVXUVnLgk Secret Agent Zero.]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYrkQL1bX4A It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake!]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BK8zQV8MXg Dippity Dee, it's only me! Boopity Boo, I scared you!]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SPGxZbAsbw The genie song.]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZWO6m2GOF4 Hey! Hey! Sing it together! No one's lazy in LazyTown!]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQqhW_ZUQ00&feature=related I am a Prince.]]
** The original Icelandic shows gave us the extremely catchy [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VgcXBLDZDY Megabæt]].
** [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYnvDL0Qcw WE ARE NUMBER ONE, HEY!]]
* HilariousInHindsight: "Cooking by the Book" is hilariously similar to the later "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOVDu7etQlc Cupcakes]]" song from ''WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic''. Even funnier is that Pinkie Pie is piling on the candy!
** And then, in a season 6 episode of MLP, ''[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARBo-tp1JoM this]]'' happened.
** Near the beginning of "We Are Number One", Robbie Rotten says "this is going down in history". [[MemeticMutation Little did he know]]...
* HoYay: There is so much Sportacus/Robbie slash out there that it seems to outnumber any other kind. And it doesn't come from nowhere either: As just one example, one episode had Robbie falling asleep and happily murmur "Hello, Sportacus."
* JustHereForGodzilla: A lot of people watch the show just for Robbie Rotten and his schemes.
** The official Lazytown Youtube channel posted [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uN-UUeh-yA their own variant]] of "We Are Number One" on December 9, 2016.
** Even better, Stefan Karl (Robbie's actor) himself [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3pf7HCbtXo performed a live-reenactment]] of the song on December 11th, 2016. With the supporting actors, no less.
* MemeticMutation: [[Memes/LazyTown Has its own page.]]
* ParentService: One word: Sportacus.
** And to an extent, Robbie Rotten and his ''*ahem*'' package.
** Then there's Stephanie, who is supposed to be eight, but her male fans only see the [[DawsonCasting teenage]] actress playing her.
* PeripheryDemographic: A lot of moms and teen siblings are as fond of the show as the kids it's aimed at, due in no small part to the 'talents' of the human actors (yes, all three). Enough so that it airs on Boomerang in the UK.
** Also, [[WatchItStoned stoners]].
** Several years ago, a portion of the ''Theatre/StarlightExpress'' fan community became a bit of a periphery demographic for the original ''Latibær'' stage shows.
* PortmanteauCoupleName: The fandom has come up with portmanteau names for the show's two most popular pairings: [=SportaSteph=] for Sportacus/Stephanie, and [=SportaRobbie=] for Sportacus/Robbie.
* RootingForTheEmpire: Who ''doesn't'' want to see Robbie win for once?
* SelfFanservice: Oh, the things the fandom does to Sportacus and Robbie Rotten... The extreme athleticism of the former and... ''suspicious bulge'' of the latter may be bordering on ParentService. Either way, the PeripheryDemographic has made some... ''interesting'' things of both of them. And, from an entirely different quarter, Stephanie.
* SomeAnvilsNeedToBeDropped: Eat healthy and try to move around every once in a while.
* SpecialEffectFailure: A rare auditory example. If you listen closely to the intro of "[[MemeticMutation We Are Number One]]", you can hear Robbie's fingers hitting the plastic on the "saxophone".
* TearJerker: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4CATfNUBj8 We Will be friends]]
* UncannyValley: Some people find the puppet characters creepy. Also: Robbie's face looks like it's made of plastic.[[note]]Robbie's makeup job is actually part plastic (well latex) - the chin and eyebrow ridges are latex prosthetics.[[/note]] Robbie seems to have been specifically designed to make people unable to tell whether he's one of the human characters or one of the puppets!
** They also have distance shots, and to have the puppets in them, they have to resort to using people in costumes. It's so jarring seeing these normally small puppets suddenly be the size of Stephanie.
** Robbie's [[Series/BarneyAndFriends Purple Dinosaur]] Disguise in "Cry Dinosaur" is pretty creepy as well. Thank god he kept [[CrowningMomentOfFunny bumping into things]].