* CreatorBacklash: Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams were NOT happy about the move to California in season 6, a decision which was forced upon them by Gary Marshall. Neither wanted the characters to leave Milwaukee, but Penny felt that if they had to move to shake things up, they should've moved to New York.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: Lenny & Squiggy on "The Dating Game".
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: In [[WholeEpisodeFlashback "Laverne and Shirley Move In"]], Shirley is expected to move to California to be with her mother. At Shirley's going away party, the devastated Lenny and Squiggy say goodbye to her. They then say goodbye to Laverne, leading to an exchange that had new meaning after the last, Shirley-less season.
-->'''Laverne:''' I ain't goin' nowheres.\\
'''Squiggy:''' Yeah, I know. But without her, what good are you?
* HollywoodHomely: Averted with Laverne; Penny Marshall didn't have conventional Hollywood looks but was usually portrayed as a very attractive woman. It helped that her brother was in charge of the show.
* LesYay: Laverne and Shirley kissed in "Airport '59."
** Archie Hahn, from the British 'WhoseLineIsItAnyway', appeared as one of two men who spy on the girls.
** '''Creator/JeffGoldblum''' appeared in a Burbank-era episode as one of Laverne's boyfriends.
* SeasonalRot: The last season. It's ''Laverne and Shirley''... without Shirley. ''[[Literature/WhatWereTheyThinkingThe100DumbestEventsInTelevisionHistory What Were They Thinking?: The 100 Dumbest Events in Television History]]'' placed this at #88.
** Many fans (and cast members) felt the move to California marked the beginning of the end, and all can agree that the show irrevocably changed, and not for the better.