* AccidentalInnuendo: The lighthouse scene on the roof. [[spoiler:When inquired on what she thinks of the lighthouse, Mila says she thought that it was bigger when seen from ground level, but now having seen it from up close, she now thinks that it is much smaller. This comment then causes Kyle to pop a wide smirk on his face, prompting Mila to ask if she said "something wrong". Kyle then dodges a potentially awkward conversation by saying that it's a funny coincidence, because he also thought the same thing as she did when he first saw it.]]
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: ''Belief'', which is composed by Tony in-game, is very touching and uplifting. Tony's theme ''Shadowy Men'' is also very catchy and hard to get out of your head.
* HoYay: Kyle and Tony. [[spoiler: You can even make Kyle tell Tony it feels like a betrayal when the latter goes out with Betty on Christmas Eve.]]
** It should be mentioned that in one of the [[AllThereInTheManual secret files]], Kyle having a relationship with Bradley from Hotel Dusk is very blatantly implied to be canon. It discusses how Kyle had a girlfriend once but she was eventually killed, and the speaker then says that Kyle seemed to have found another special someone after moving to LA, which is where he would have met Bradley.
* NightmareFuel: The 4th floor hallway certainly qualifies, with its music and the feeling that someone is following you, especially when [[spoiler:the lights go out in the later chapters]]. Made even worse by the fact that you can get stuck in there, leading to a GameOver.
** [[spoiler:Dylan's]] DeathGlare [[spoiler:when Kyle is examining Marie's ring with the former's magnifying glass. If you hadn't gotten the feeling that something is horribly wrong with him before, you WILL by this point.]]
** [[spoiler:Will White]] has an utterly unnerving talksprite that you only see ONCE in the whole game where he [[spoiler:gives a much too wide smile and admits it's much funner to watch Kyle do all the dirty work of solving the murder for him.]]
* StoicWoobie: Kyle and Marie.
-->'''Marie''': "I'm stronger than I look."
* TearJerker: Kyle's "confrontation" with Sidney has only one question. [[spoiler:"Do you still love your wife?"]]
** [[spoiler: The scene where Kyle returned to room 406 after his encounter with Mrs. Patrice on the roof can make one weepy-eyed. The whole pondering of what was his father's final view out of the window and what feelings his father was probably was experiencing was incredibly sad.]]
** [[spoiler: There's also Kyle's conversation with Frank about a chat the latter had with "Gregory"; the part Frank found the most memorable was that Gregory's son wanted to grow up to be a baseball player.]]
* TheScrappy: Dylan.
* TheWoobie: Lots of people but special mention goes to [[spoiler: Margaret]].