* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: Towards the end of the first game you suddenly come across two intelligent species locked in conflict which have never been seen or mentioned before. You have to choose to side with one and decimate the other to proceed. This seems completely unconnected to anything else in the game.
* DemonicSpiders: Many in every game. The Pentrogs in Opinwood and the snakelike apparitions in the White Tower in ''Lands of Lore 1'', those freaky neon-pink spider thingies in at least one game in the trilogy.
* GoddamnedBats: Those winged spiders and plague rats in the Draracle's Cave.
* ScrappyMechanic: Some enemies have acid attacks that on chance could destroy your armor, something that is in very short supply.
* ThatOneBoss: The Larkhon. The weapon you're ''supposed'' to use on it is not nearly efficient enough and eats the characters' mana; magic-challenged players may have to resort to just chucking items at it until it dies.
** Made easier by simply dashing back out into the forest once you're low on magic, resting to fill up your magic meter (and restoring any health that's been lost), then re-entering the mines to attack the Larkhon again. Repeat as necessary.