* AntiClimaxBoss: When you're told to find [[spoiler: Pandora's Box]], a seemingly unrelated quest will send you into a tomb where it's located on the far side from the entrance. Halfway across the room, you're attacked by a ''mummy!'' Which is instantly repelled by the amulet you've been using to repel zombies for the last half hour, and never shows up again.
* AwesomeMusic: Stuart Goldstein's soundtrack, which was a showcase for what those newfangled sound cards could do. Don't you wish you had an MT-32?
* ExecutiveMeddling: Subverted, the "Rap EasterEgg" in the AGI version cheekily sings lyrics about Roberta Williams being this.
* NightmareFuel: This one and ''VideoGame/KingsQuestVIHeirTodayGoneTomorrow'' are considered scariest.
** In universe example: When you think about it, the Seven Dwarves live about 10 feet south of a haunted mansion that has Zombies appearing at night, and also nearby a house of murderous ogres, and also nearby a forest of murderous trees. These guys need a break.
* UnwinnableByInsanity: Eating the magic fruit you were suppose to use to save you father's life. [[NonstandardGameOver If you saved Genesta, she'll return you home in time to watch your father pass away]].