* AntiClimaxBoss: When you're told to find [[spoiler: PandorasBox]], a seemingly unrelated quest will send you into a tomb where it's located on the far side from the entrance. Halfway across the room, you're attacked by a ''mummy!'' Which is instantly repelled by the amulet you've been using to repel zombies for the last half hour, and never shows up again.
* AwesomeMusic: Stuart Goldstein's soundtrack, which was a showcase for what those newfangled sound cards could do. Don't you wish you had an MT-32?
* ExecutiveMeddling: Subverted, the "Rap EasterEgg" in the AGI version cheekily sings lyrics about Roberta Williams being this.
* FridgeBrilliance: Why would Lolotte ask Rosella to fetch a magic hen that lays only one golden egg per day, while she could overthrow the dwarves and take their diamond mine? Because Lolotte is already rich. She sent Rosella after the magic hen to see if the girl can pull it off.
* ScrappyMechanic: Ascending staircases
* TearJerker: The benevolent and selfless Genesta can't help but shed a tear when she explains that she will soon die if her talisman is not returned.
** Prince Edgar's disheartened look when Rosella has to return home; softened when she expresses hope of seeing him again.
** Climbing the whale's tongue. If you don't know [[GuideDangIt the correct pattern]], you've already lost. You're also on a timer because the toxic fumes will eventually kill you.
** The infamous bridle needed for the unicorn. It's nothing short of a GuideDangIt as the item is not visible to the player and you need to type the exact command on the right spot.
* UnwinnableByInsanity: Eating or forgetting the magic fruit you were supposed to use to save your father's life. [[NonstandardGameOver If you saved Genesta, she'll return you home in time to watch your father pass away]].