* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: Akira Ifukube's second score for the Godzilla franchise is easily one of his best. While the replacement music featured in the American version isn't really all that bad, it still doesn't come anywhere close to the level of goodness of Ifukube's score.
* BadassDecay: Don't be fooled by some of the posters. Something went ''seriously'' wrong with the design of the King Kong costume. He looks [[OffModel NOTHING]] like the [[Film/KingKong 1933 original]].
* ValuesDissonance: After arriving on Faro island, Sakurai gives cigarettes to all of the natives. Back in the 1960's, people had yet to realize just how hazardous smoking was to a person's health. Sakurai even says, "It's okay. They're all smoking."
** [[FridgeLogic They live on an island crawling with giant monsters. They probably don't worry much about dying by non-kaiju related causes.]]
!!Tropes exclusive to the U.S. version:
* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: This proably mixes a whole lot with nostalgia filter but while Ifukube's music is excellent as usual the American version seems to match the music better with action. There are moments in the Japanese version that are loud when quiet would be better and quiet when something more dynamic would be useful. Even the music during the octopus attack, while great, feels more like a comedy film than a serious action sequence.
** The cue (possibly from a random Hans Salter western) that plays during the re-edited Burial Operation sequence is undeniably awesome and could easily accent the original theme if mixed in.
* NarmCharm: Eric Carter's deadpan stare and Dr. Johnson's hokey explanations are hard not to giggle at, even if one might despise the U.S. version.
* SomewhereAPalaeontologistIsCrying: Dr. Arnold Johnson, curator of the New York Museum of Natural History, classifies Godzilla as a dinosaur "possibly crossed between the tyrannosaurus and the stegosaurus". A carnivore and a herbivore separated by millions of years of evolution can interbreed? What!? Made worse when the doctor holds up a children's dinosaur book to support his theories. It seems he couldn't even afford a copy of ''[[Film/GodzillaRaidsAgain Anguillosaurus, Killer of the Living.]]''