* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: NO FEAR, NO PAIN, [...] CHOU HENSHIN, KAMEN RIDER KUUUUUUUUGAAAAAAA!
** The music that accompanies the [=TryGouram's=] debut, too.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hxi3kpBPiQ&feature=related The awesome theme that kicks in when Kuuga is kicking ass]].
** [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qt59AY1BKjQ#t=131 When this theme kicks in, 9 times out of 10, the Gurongi of the episode is in deep, deep trouble. And it is awesome.]]
** Years after he blighted television screens in Japan, Go-Jaraji-Da (the Porcupine Gurongi) still stands as the standard to which other [[MonsterOfTheWeek kaijin-of-the-week]] in ''Franchise/KamenRider'' are compared to. Jaraji uses his upper-class privileges to choose the 90 teenage boys in Midorikawa High School's 10th grade as his targets for his game. Using super speed and poisonous darts that kills his victims from encephalitis within four days, Jaraji terrorizes and poisons all but one of his targets, condemning many of his victims to slow, brutal deaths and drives others to suicide. As those who commit suicide do not count to his Gegeru, Jaraji compensates by killing high-school boys belonging to other grades and numerous policemen. Most of the other Gurongi are either required to participate in the Gegeru or [[PunchClockVillain merely see the Gegeru as a necessary duty]]. Jaraji, on the other hand, commits his crimes precisely because he enjoys himself watching living beings suffer and coldly admits this to a family before closing in on one of his targets. It's no wonder [[FriendToAllChildren Yusuke Godai]] snapped and [[NoHoldsBarredBeatdown killed Jaraji]] [[TheresNoKillLikeOverkill so savagely]].
** [[BigBad N-Daguva-Zeba]] is the lord of the Gurongi and the Ur-CM of the Heisei era. An AxCrazy BloodKnight who [[TheSocialDarwinist absolutely despises the lowly and weak]], Daguva doesn’t care about any human or Gurongi lives, and is willing to use any means necessary to make humanity as violent and hateful as he. Upon being reawaked from Kuuga’s sarcophagus, he releases the 200 Gurongi and murders the archaeologists, thereby kicking off the series. After his escape, he restarts the Gegeru and kills 152 of his own kind in Nagano. He then reveals himself to the public by killing [[spoiler:Zu-Gooma-Gu]] for using his armor before resurfacing under the guise of a [[LightIsNotGood white-suited]] [[TeensAreMonsters teenager with an aura]] as he unleashes heavy rain in Japan. After Yusuke Godai (Kamen Rider Kuuga) defeats [[spoiler:Gadoru]], Daguva ambushes Kuuga, [[NoHoldsBarredBeatdown mercilessly beats him up]], and incinerates numerous people in his wake as he leaves Yusuke behind. [[spoiler:After continuing his systematic genocide, he meets Yusuke in Mount Kuro where they have their final fight. There, Daguva finally dies, [[EvilLaugh laughing to the very end]] hoping that Yusuke would be [[StrikeMeDownWithAllOfYourHatred corrupted by violent hatred.]]]]
* DemotedToExtra[=/=]DudeWheresMyRespect: In a meta sense. Kuuga was essentially to Kamen Rider what the Ninth Doctor was to Dr. Who: a character/series that revitalized a franchise that was on its last legs, allowing it to eventually rise to new heights of popularity. If not for Kuuga giving the franchise a shot in the arm, the Heisei Kamen Rider era might never have happened. Yet in later works and crossover series, Kuuga is often a background Rider with little direct impact on the plot. Even in the [[Film/HeiseiRiderVsShowaRiderKamenRiderWarsFeaturingSuperSentai Heisei vs Showa movie]], Faiz and W get sub-plots dedicated to them, while the guy who started the Heisei era gets barely any screen time. The closest thing he's ever gotten to increased screen time is his AlternateUniverse counterpart in ''Series/KamenRiderDecade'', though until near the end of the show, he's seldom seen transforming into Kuuga.
** Though this is due to a lot of things:
*** Kuuga's tone in general is a lot more deconstructive then even the later shows would be, including Monsters literally exploding in block wide explosions, and Kuuga being the only rider.
*** In a metasense, Kuuga's actor more or less disowning the role, which was one of the reasons for the AU plot in Decade.
*** Kuuga in general being a GameBreaker.
* FoeYay: Ichijou and B1/Rose Grongi.
* GameBreaker: '''Ultimate''' Form. It's '''normal punches and kicks''' are as powerful as Amazing Mighty's Amazing Mighty Kick.
* HilariousInHindsight: [[spoiler:It's stated in the finale that the Gouram was intended to disintegrate if Kuuga somehow grew too powerful, yet it doesn't happen even after he gains Ultimate Form. Fast forward to ''Series/KamenRiderWizard'', where he certainly qualifies after gaining an additional ''Rising'' Ultimate Form...]]
** It was hilarious even before that when [[spoiler:Decade ''turned Kuuga himself'' into a Gouram]], but was further compounded in the ''Final Chapter'' movie by [[spoiler:Kuuga having the ability to become Ultimate Gouram form at will.]]
* HoYay: ''"...Why am I on your shoulder? This is the blunder of my life..."''
* MemeticMutation: Kuuga sure is a cool guy.
** Related to the above, Ultimate Form being the MemeticBadass form of all the Heisei riders for its simple yet sleek and regal design, black color, and the fact that apparently it can [[EarthShatteringKaboom destroy the world with its full power]].
** The so-called "curse of Kuuga" which, for the longest time (until 2010, when it was apparently broken after ten years), seemed to cause any fan translation projects to come to a sudden halt after about ten episodes.
** The resurrection of the Grongi in the first episode. A massive shape only seen in shadow slaughters the excavation group that aaccidentally unleashed him, then walks slowly across the countryside, causing trees and objects to ''explode'' with his mere presence before reviving the Grongi, causing dozens of hands to burst out of the ground like a zombie film.
** [[spoiler: N-Daguba-Zeba's debut in his perfect form, which is at the beginning of one of the last episodes where he has Kuuga on the ropes, belt damaged and beaten to the point that Godai can only watch as he starts setting people near by on fire in the rain. All of this is disjointed shown to the audience as Godai would have seen it with his own eyes.]]
** Problem being, of course, that we don't see it. The entire first fight between them is offscreen and Yuusuke bounces back from it with no problem. It kinda makes Episode 47 a bit of a mind screw considering the Previews showed us a fight between them and then...nothing.
* PuritySue: Yuusuke Godai. He is always happy, has no flaws or weaknesses (being overly willing to sacrifice himself to protect others does ''not'' count as a flaw - Tell that to [[VisualNovel/FateStayNight Shirou]]), and everyone around him not only instantly loved him, but was also infected by his happiness.
** He scored a 44 on the [[http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm Universal Mary-Sue Litmus Test]]. Which is quite high
** [[spoiler: In a way, this is more or less required. [[SuperpoweredEvilSide Kuuga's Ultimate form has the potental to turn the user evil]] if the user does not have a clear mind, thus starting the whole thing over again. This is the main reason why in ''Decade'' Yusuke was in Black eyed Rising Ultimate, since unlike Godai, he had a lot of doubts as the series went on, but once he got over them, he was able to control it... That, and well, that whole BrainwashedAndCrazy thing.]]
* SpecialEffectsFailure: They ''really'' should have stuck to practical effects for the monster explosions. They look like something out of a PS1 game.
* WTHCastingAgency: ''Kuuga'' is the first Heisei series to get a manga adaptation. Thing is, this is being written by Creator/ToshikiInoue, a writer known for making nice guys (like Yusuke) into [[ButtMonkey utter jokes]].