* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: 11 Rider Dai-senka. A love letter to all things Rider (at the time) lasting over 8 minutes. By [[Music/JAMProject Ichiro Mizuki]].
** The opening theme. Takayuki Miyauchi's voice is powerful.
* GrowingTheBeard: The series begins with a much lighter and goofier tone than its predecessor (''Series/KamenRiderBlack'' was probably the darkest instalment of the franchise in the 20th century)--jarringly so. The arc beginning in episode 14, however, features more tense, serious storytelling throughout, peaking in episode 15, with Kotaro achieving his new SuperMode while screaming in rage with a dead child cradled in his arms. The series doesn't forget its comedic side after the arc concludes, but it does learn to balance comedy and drama better.
* InferredHolocaust: '''Big time.''' When RX destroys Emperor Crisis in the final episode, the [[LoadBearingBoss Demon World is destroyed as well..]] even though earlier episodes showed that yes, there are good people in the Demon World fighting against Crisis. Oops.
* NeverLiveItDown: Even though Shadow Moon eventually did a HeelFaceTurn here, he's usually remembered as a "Kickass Franchise/KamenRider villain", thus he usually gets villain roles in other works featuring Black and RX.
** To the point that, in the first ''Series/KamenRiderDecade'' movie, an alternate Shadow Moon is the BigBad, [[spoiler:and it takes a mass Rider Kick performed by '''every title Rider''' from the original through Decade to finish him off.]]
* ValuesDissonance: Episode 14 is going to make public viewings a little awkward, with naked Hitomi (who's like '''six''') and her dad in the bath.
* VindicatedByHistory: While not to the extent of ''Series/KamenRiderAmazon'', it's been viewed more favorably over the years - like ''Amazon'', it plays a key role in the plot of ''Decade'', and it's no longer as disliked as it once was since there have [[Film/ShinKamenRiderPrologue been]] [[Series/KamenRiderHibiki arguably]] [[Series/KamenRiderWizard worse]] [[Series/KamenRiderGhost entries]] since then. The fact that it's [[Series/MaskedRider American adaptation]] is seen as worse doesn't hurt it either.