* CriticalResearchFailure: In his most infamous gaffe, Biden described UsefulNotes/FranklinDRoosevelt appearing on television after [[TheGreatDepression the stock market crashed]]. [[HypocriticalHumor Right after describing how leaders need to show that they know what they're talking about.]] The weirdest part is how [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnKcRo8DNYY Katie Couric doesn't seem to notice that he's committed a gaffe]].
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: When talking in 4/2014 about the federal government possibly working to do a better job at helping rape victims, Joe said: "Where I come from, when a man raises a hand against a woman, you're supposed to kick the [[PrecisionFStrike crap]] out of him." He excused himself for his language; he was likely the only person who thought that he needed to.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: [[https://vine.co/v/MuUgtlrBAV0 Whatever he did here at Obama's 6th State of the Union address.]]
* IronWoobie: On December of the same year he was first elected, his first wife and daughter were killed in a car-truck collision, his two sons were also hospitalized. His own staff took bets on how long he would last. Even himself considering resigning at one point, he persevered nonetheless.
* NeverLiveItDown: Until becoming VP, he was only known in the UK for a scandal in which he had plagiarised one of speeches of the then-leader of the Labour Party, Neil Kinnock. This was so well remembered because Kinnock was considered rather uncharismatic so people mocked Biden for choosing ''him'' of all people to steal material from.