* CanonFodder: Who is [[NoNameGiven Desertwind]], the third Jedi who fought the Jensaarai? Stackpole probably intended for him to be Obi-Wan Kenobi, but it might also be Anakin or someone else entirely. Anakin would fit given that he and Nejaa Halcyon were partnered during the campaign to liberate Praesitlyn in the book Jedi Trial.
* CompleteMonster: Moruth Doole keeps a harem of Rybet females he rapes, and he enslaves the children, making them package up the spice mined. Then, when they're old enough to challenge him, he kills them. He runs a massive slaving operation with high fatality rates, without a glimpse of remorse or humanity. He's also fond of feeding any enemy slaves to the giant spiders that inhabit the spice mines.
* EvilIsSexy: Tavira
** Corran teaching witty repartee to Remart.
** ''Luke Skywalker'' playing [[GoodCopBadCop Bad Cop]]... by just standing in a corner and looking ominous.
* HoYay: About half a page in ''Dark Apprentice'' is dedicated to a man-hug between Luke and Wedge. Also, drinking game: Shot of Wyren's Reserve whenever anyone, both men and women, mentions how handsome Kyp is.
* SugarWiki/HeartwarmingMoments: Luke playing with young Jacen & Jaina in "Jedi Search". "Playing" meaning doing Yoda imitations and using the Force to levitate them.
* IdiotPlot: Lampshaded mercilessly (along with everything else) in ''I Jedi''
* NightmareFuel / TearJerker: ''I Jedi'' gives us a first person perspective of what a "great disturbance in TheForce" feels like. It's pretty brutal.
--> [Corran wants to say something at dinner, has to swallow first, and manages] Just in time for me to scream.
--> Luke Skywalker had told us that at the moment of Alderaan's destruction, his master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, had said he felt 'a disturbance in the Force'. Anyone who could label what I felt a 'disturbance' could think of Hutts as cuddly. The hollow shock one feels when told of a close friend's sudden death slammed into me at lightspeed. My conscious mind searched in vain for an identity to attach to that feeling, finding a way to contain it, but the hollowness opened into a bottomless void. Not only did I not know who had died, but I would never have a ''chance'' to know them, and that seemed the greatest tragedy possible.
--> Flashes of faces, snippets of dreams, laughter aborted and the sweet scent of a newborn's flesh undergoing a greasy transformation into roast meat all roared through me. Thousands upon thousands, millions upon millions, these images and impressions came in a whirlwind that screwed itself down into my belly. Hope melted into fear, wonder into terror, innocence into nothingness. Bright futures, all planned, proved the ultimate in morphability when a fundamental truth in these lives proved wrong. For these people there had never been a question of whether or not the sun would rise tomorrow, and yet in an instant they were proved wrong, as the sun reached out and devoured their world.
--> I heard Streen screaming that there were too many voices to handle before he slumped to the floor. I envied him in that moment. The same clarity of recall I cherished seconds before meant I watched a vast parade of dead flicker through my consciousness. A mother, acting on instinct, shielded her child in the nanosecond before both of them were vaporized. Young lovers, lying together in the the afterglow of the moment, hoping what they felt would never end, got their wish as they were torn into their constituent atoms. Criminals, triumphant in some small success, were reduced to fearful puling animals as their world evaporated.
** In "Jedi Search", Lando uses an electronic gadget, previously used by the Empire, to tell if someone is strong in the Force. This indicates that there were measurable physical traits associated with Force sensitivity. And the book came out years before [[Film/ThePhantomMenace the whole flap over midichlorians]].
** Also, the series reveals that all three of Han & Leia's children were raised in isolation from nearly everyone (including their parents) in order to protect them from Dark Side influences. Again, this was years before [[Film/ThePhantomMenace the whole]] [[Film/AttackOfTheClones "no attachment"]] [[Film/RevengeOfTheSith part of the Jedi Code]] was established.
* TheOneThingIDontHateAboutYou: For all its shortcomings, this series is the first time anytime in Franchise/StarWars that a reason for the Light Side being stronger than the Dark Side is given. Jedi are at their most powerful when they at harmony with themselves and the universe; as such Jedi are at harmony with other Jedi, therefore a group of Jedi can work together and become far more powerful than any of them individually. A Sith, who is focused on personal power and achievement, can't do this. Therfore Exar Kun is destroyed for good by Luke's students.