* [[SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome Crowning Moment Of Awesome]]: Courtney's responsibility for Liz's death is revealed to the school as she's crowned Prom Queen. All the girls begin pelting her with their corsages, screaming vulgarities at her and calling her a murderer as [[LaserGuidedKarma every horrible thing she's done in the movie has finally caught up with her.]] By the time she gets to the front of the gym, she meets Julie standing there with a camera.
-->'''Julie''': Smile pretty, Courtney.
* HoYay: Fern/Vylette really comes off as a StalkerWithACrush towards Liz Purr. She obsesses over her, describes her as perfection and spends all her class time gazing at the beauty marks on the back of Liz's neck.
* HollywoodHomely: Proven by her in-story transformation, all that made Judy Greer a.k.a. Fern/Vylette ugly was hair that needed some grooming and some non-flattering clothes.
* IdiotPlot: To quote [[http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19990219/REVIEWS/902190302 RogerEbert]]: "Julie could end it all by speaking out, but she delays, because that would not be convenient for the plot." And the police officer who completely ignores the fact that a ''woman'' called the school and not some random male rapist. In defense to Julie, it would've been her word against Courtney, Marcie, and Fern/Vylette, and Julie didn't exactly have any evidence to prove Courtney was responsible.
** Also, Courtney was a vicious little liar and manipulator . If Julie had gone to the police Courtney probably would've tried to spin the whole thing around and make it look like ''Julie'' killed Liz and threatened the others into compliance.
* TrueArtIsIncomprehensible - For the kind of movie it is, there are some ''very'' surreal moments. Like the scene showing Fern's transformation into Vylette immediately.