* BrokenBase: Aldean's heavy rock influences and strange singing voice have earned him a lot of fans and detractors, but even the apologists thought that "1994" (a silly novelty song that name-drops Joe Diffie but otherwise is just another song about partying with a hot girl in the country) was his nadir.
* CoveredUp: Most of his songs, surprisingly, were recorded by others first. "Why", "Amarillo Sky" and "Johnny Cash" were previously recorded by Shannon Brown (another Big & Rich protégé), [=McBride=] & the Ride, and Tracy Byrd, respectively. Of these, only [=McBride=] & the Ride's version of "Amarillo Sky" was a single before Jason got to it. Also, "The Truth" was originally recorded by Trent Willmon, "My Kinda Party" recorded by country-rocker Music/BrantleyGilbert, and "Dirt Road Anthem" recorded by Colt Ford (with Gilbert also co-writing the latter and singing on it).
* EarWorm: "I can take you for a ride on my big green tractor / We can go slow or make it go faster…"
* SophomoreSlump: ''Relentless'' is his lowest-selling album, and the only one not to produce a top 5 hit. Fortunately, he recovered big time with the next two albums.
* TearJerker: "Laughed Until We Cried", particularly the verse about his grandpa and then the next verse about their newborn baby that they tried so long to have.