!!The TV Show
* DarknessInducedAudienceApathy: Jam has no likable characters to offer. All of them being morally bankrupt jerk-asses, depraved perverts and mentally deranged people with no redeeming qualities.
* FetishRetardant - The eccentric doctor and his phone sex line.
--> ''My cock's just gone off like a spunky firework.''
* WhatDoYouMeanItWasntMadeOnDrugs - It's batshit hatstand insane in every way possible.
** The sketch where a semi-naked man and a woman run through a forest around police officers singing "Mah Na Mah Na", while a dead body is found. They then proceed to sit on the body to squeeze out a noise into a bass clarinet in time with the music. Yeah...
** Not only is the source material, editing, soundtrack and general ambience extremely tripped out and unsettling, there's also the video remix version "Jaaaam" which is the same footage, but with each scene put through various visual filters - pixelation, solarisation, all sorts. It's ''extremely'' hard to watch in a darkened room and still feel sober.
!!The unrelated novel:
* TearJerker: The pointless death of [[spoiler: Angela]] right in front of Travis.
-->'''Travis''': ...I couldn't find a stick...
* TheWoobie: Travis. He has a naturally submissive personality, and Tim and Don both abuse him for it. And everybody around him keeps either dying or trying to murder him.
** WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds: X and Y. [[spoiler: They didn't ''mean'' to cause the jampocalypse after all.]]
** JerkassWoobie: [[OnlySaneMan Don]] counts as this. Yes, the man can be described as 'rude at best', but he's lost his job, all his friends are dead, he has to hang out with a group of utter idiots and [[spoiler: the only other survivor of the event leaves him.]] Can you blame him for being an utter twat?
** X can count as well. The revelation that [[spoiler: she worked for a benign organization that was ultimately trying to help humanity, not destroy it]] means that her extreme measures of trying to keep her cover which included both withholding information on the jam and directly trying to murder Travis were only selfish attempts to save her own skin, not any actual organizational secrecy.