* [[BigLippedAlligatorMoment Big Lipped Alligator Mission]]: There's a mission where Daxter gets sucked into a computer and has to play a Pac-Man style game to find a MacGuffin. It evidently wasn't supposed to be ''that'' much of a stretch, since the character who put him into the computer [[BrainUploading was one with the computer himself]], but Daxter's ''whole body'' getting sucked through the ''screen''?
** Most fans remember it as ThatOneLevel.
* ClicheStorm: Some of the lines of dialogue.
* MoralEventHorizon: When exactly Count Veger crossed it is up for debate, but it's widely accepted that he ''crossed'' it. Many point to his [[spoiler: gloating to Jak immediately after Damas' death]] as one.
* MostWonderfulSound: The charging noise of the Wave Concussor, the sound of the Mass Inverter waves, and the NukeEm Super Nova blast.
* NightmareFuel: [[spoiler:The Dark Makers]] aren't pretty.
* PlayerPunch: [[spoiler: Damas's]] death makes you want to [[KillItWithFire Kill Veger With Fire]].
* RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap: The [[IncrediblyLamePun Hellcrap]] Cruiser went from being useless in ''Jak II'' to being instrumental in [[CrowningMomentOfAwesome a certain mission]].
* ScrappyLevel: The NintendoHard ''PacMan'' esque minigame in the power station. It becomes a lot easier though once you realize that [[spoiler:you can speed up Daxter's movement]].
* ShockingSwerve: There are quite a few in this game such as [[spoiler:the Precursors actually being ottsels like Daxter with highly advanced technology]] or [[spoiler:Jak actually being Mar.]]
* TearJerker: [[spoiler:Damas's death]].
* WinBackTheCrowd: For those who were unhappy with the drastic GenreShift Naughty Dog made between Jak 1 and 2, Jak 3 offered more of a happy medium between the two.