* ContestedSequel: To ''Goranger''.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: '''BIIIIGGGG ONEEE!!!''' Seriously, this is the guy from a ''cancelled'' Sentai series, yet he's the closest the series can get for a ''mascot'' (Well, his actor being Creator/HiroshiMiyauchi plays a lot of factors for this). ''[[SixthRanger And he's not even amongst the initial lineup!]]''
** Oddly enough, ''while the show was airing'', he was actually considered something of a [[TheScrappy Scrappy]], due to the fact that he made the series considerably LighterAndSofter, and because he [[ReplacementScrappy replaced Commander Kujirai]]. Some even point to him as a principal cause of ''JAKQ'' being the only SuperSentai to be canceled. Of course, the reason why he was introduced in the first place was because kids were avoiding JAKQ because it was getting too much DarkerAndEdgier for them.
** Guess who represents JAKQ in both ''Gaoranger's'' '''and''' ''Gokaiger's'' anniversary teamup movie? Not bad for a guy who was originally part of an unpopular ReTool.
* HarsherInHindsight: JAKQ is funded by an organization called ISSIS. One less "S" and it becomes REALLY uncomfortable.
* MemeticBadass: Big One again.
* MostWonderfulSound: BIIIIIGGGG ONE!
* ReplacementScrappy: Big One, at first.
* RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap: Big One. [[SpotlightStealingSquad Notice a trend on this page?]]
* ToughActToFollow: This series is an attempt to gain the same popularity of its predecesor ''Series/HimitsuSentaiGoranger'', unfortunately, it didn't last long.
* VindicatedByHistory: ...We're not even going to say who anymore...
** The series itself. Back in the day, it started as too much DarkerAndEdgier than Goranger for the kiddies, and then when its tone and direction swerved, it lost what those who ''did'' enjoy it liked about it, ultimately pleasing no one and having its episode count slashed; its predecessor went 89 episodes while it went 35. Today? Pre-changes, it's the dark sentai that adult fans love, and post-changes, it's the sentai that has you-know-who.