[[folder: YMMV Tropes For The Comic Book ''Comic Book/Invincible'' ]]
* AlasPoorScrappy: In-universe example: [[spoiler: Rex Splode.]] Few people would have admitted to liking him when he was alive, but those who knew him were all very much hurt by his death.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: The little-seen but hugely popular Allen the Alien. Kirkman has stated that, in his experience with the fan-dom, Allen is nearly ''everybody's'' favourite character.)
** He's also Kirkman's favourite character, which is part of the reason why he hardly shows up. Kirkman's well aware that all it takes is a little overexposure to turn the EnsembleDarkhorse into TheScrappy.
* LikeYouWouldReallyDoIt: In issue 63 [[spoiler: Conquest appears to have killed Eve. She involuntarily heals herself the very next issue]]. In issue 100, [[spoiler: Mark himself appears to have been killed within the first two pages by Dinosaurus. The succeeding pages show that Dinosaurus killed a clone of Mark, who's completely unharmed.]]
** Issue 114 Mark confronts Robot, who has just assumed control of the free world in the name of logic and peace, but has killed hundreds in the process, including main characters. [[spoiler: He successfully convinces Mark to give up, letting him stay in control.]]
* MoralEventHorizon: Robot [[spoiler: murdering various regular characters, heroes and villains alike, in his mission to take over the planet.]]
* RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap: Oliver became a lot more tolerable after he began to appreciate humans better.
* WhatAnIdiot: During his initial FaceHeelTurn, Nolan is completely shocked that Mark doesn't want to join him in conquering Earth. This after almost twenty years of raising him as nothing less than a good natured hero, making no attempt to inculcate his son with his race's BlueAndOrangeMorality growing up. Possibly justified in that, even if he didn't realize it yet, his time on Earth had changed him for the better.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids: Usually the 'Allen the Alien' issues begin cutting away from a sex scene, with Kirkman explaining he wants to keep the comic family friendly. These issues tend to contain some of the most violent battles in the comic, the first having Allen's intestines and eye ripped out. Yeah, real family friendly, Kirkman.
** It's possible a ShoutOut to MoralDissonance of the old Comics Code, which was very lenient towards violence but extremely conservative in regards to sexual content.
[[folder: YMMV Tropes For ''Music/Invincible'' By Music/Michael Jackson ]]
* BlackSheepHit: A possible ''inversion''. While 13 million copies still dwarfs all album sales in the past decade, ''Invincible'' is seen as Jackson's worst album by default, as it's often compared to his past albums, which all sold over 20+ million copies.
* CriticalDissonance: U.S. Reviews, while mixed, weren't very kind to the album, and (by Jackson's standards) it virtually bombed in its home territory, selling only two million copies. International sales and reviews, however, were much better.