* BrokenBase - As is typical with any band, each new album ends up as a slight base breaker. More recently, Carlos' departure and the addition of Brandon Curtis as backup vocalist have inspired some negative reactions from fans.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome - "Evil", "C'Mere", and "Slow Hands" from ''Antics'' are frequently regarded as this.
** So is "PDA" off of ''Turn on The Bright Lights'', often regarded as their SignatureSong.
* EarWorm - The bass riff from "Evil".
* EpicRiff - This trope is Daniel Kessler's specialty. It's hard to name one Interpol song which doesn't have one. Carlos Dengler is a dab hand at them on bass, too.
* FaceOfTheBand - Unlike most other lead singers of rock bands, Paul Banks is not generally cosidered the "face" of Interpol. The band is instead rather homogenous. When Banks undertook a solo project in 2009 he used a psuedonym, thereby preserving the status quo as it were.
* FanCommunityNickname - Norman, the puppet from the "Evil" video.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff - ''Very'' popular in Mexico.
* HarsherInHindsight - some lyrics from "Obstacle 1", such as "you go stabbing yourself in the neck", become this if one believes the theory of the song being based on [[http://articles.nydailynews.com/2001-07-23/news/18354103_1_natasha-duncan-plus-size-model-roommate a certain real-life incident.]]
** Some of their lyrics are quite, quite dark. Take "PDA" for example: ''"You are a past dinner, the last winner, I'm raping all around me.... you're so cute when you're sedated, dear. Oh yes dear, Sleep tight, grim rite..."'' All sung in Banks' trademark monotone. The video makes it even creepier by featuring [[http://i.ytimg.com/vi/_MmLPktoxCk/0.jpg Banks' partially obscured face]] looking straight on at the camera through big sunglasses, completely still except for his lips as he sings it.
** Norman the puppet from the "Evil" video. Then again, the "Evil" video in general. Particularly the end.
** The lyrics to "PDA", as mentioned above.
** From "A Time To Be So Small": ''"When the cadaverous mobs save their doors for the dead men, you will not leave."
** "Wrecking Ball" from ''Our Love To Admire''. ''"I'm inside, like the wrecking ball through your eyes, and I changed it all from inside."
* SignatureSong: "Slow Hands" and "Evil" are best known to casual listeners.
* ToughActToFollow: ''Turn on the Bright Lights'' was considered by many critics to be not just one of the best albums of 2002 but of the ''decade''. None of their follow-ups has achieved the same level of acclaim.
* UncannyValley - [[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Evil_interpol_puppet.JPG Norman]].