* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation -- Is Sternhart a thieving, arrogant JerkAss, or a respectable "fellow seeker" as he put it that is tragically KilledOffForReal?
* BetterThanCanon: Some fans consider this to be the ''real'' [[Film/IndianaJonesAndTheKingdomOfTheCrystalSkull fourth film]] of the series.
* HilariousInHindsight: For all the chiding ''Crystal Skull'' got for revealing [[spoiler: that the skull belong to interdimensional beings. The comic book of this game, made years before that movie, revealed the whole Atlantian society was inspired by ''aliens'']].
* SugarWiki/NoProblemWithLicensedGames: Some fans even state that the game is [[TakeThat better written]] [[Film/IndianaJonesAndTheTempleOfDoom than two]] [[Film/IndianaJonesAndTheKingdomOfTheCrystalSkull of the films]]. It helps that [[AdventureGame the genre]] tends to parallel the pacing and writing structure of film more than other gaming genres (assuming you're not [[MoonLogicPuzzle getting stuck]]), allowing for a story that can feel like the movies without relying on GameplayAndStorySegregation.
* ScrappyMechanic: The balloon ride and the submarine-steering scenes. The fighting could also be considered this, since this is an AdventureGame, but most of the time it can be skipped by using the "sucker punch".