* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation -- Is Sternhart a thieving, arrogant JerkAss, or a respectable "fellow seeker" as he put it that is tragically KilledOffForReal?
* BetterThanCanon: Some fans consider this to be the ''real'' [[Film/IndianaJonesAndTheKingdomOfTheCrystalSkull fourth film]] of the series.
* MagnumOpus: The game is definitely this for its designer Hal Barwood. It is also considered one of the best (if not ''the'' best) Indiana Jones games, if the remarks directly above and below are of any indication.
* SugarWiki/NoProblemWithLicensedGames: Some fans even state that the game is [[TakeThat better written]] [[Film/IndianaJonesAndTheTempleOfDoom than two]] [[Film/IndianaJonesAndTheKingdomOfTheCrystalSkull of the films]].
* ScrappyMechanic: The balloon ride and the submarine-steering scenes. The fighting could also be considered this, since this is an AdventureGame, but most of the time it can be skipped by using the "sucker punch".