* BrokenBase: Danny's race has been a hot-topic for some time, particularly in the idea of adapting the comics into a show, as Marvel are currently doing. Some think it doesn't matter in the slightest, while others are upset that he plays the MightyWhitey trope straight, and a third group thinks choosing an Asian actor would then play to AllAsiansKnowMartialArts (ignoring that Danny undergoing a RaceLift to be of Asian descent would not play the stereotype straight, as the main criticism of the AllAsiansKnowMartialArts trope is how it's used to define Asian characters solely by their martial arts skill rather than personality and the [[TropesAreTools concept of the trope itself is not inherently bad on its own]]). Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell from Series/GameOfThrones) being confirmed to have been cast as Danny only fueled the debate even more, as there had been a campaign beforehand for Marvel to cast an Asian or half-Asian actor.
* ContestedSequel: Lets just say that fans of ''Immortal Iron Fist'' and fans of ''Iron Fist: the Living Weapon'' don't like each other and leave it at it.
* DarknessInducedAudienceApathy: The Living Weapon series has been having this effect on some readers.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Fat Cobra. Bride of Nine Spiders to a lesser extent.
* JerkassWoobie: Davos, bordering on ButtMonkey territory at times.
** The Living Weapon turns Danny Rand into one
* NightmareFuel: Bride of Nine Spiders' ''chest'' contains a cloud of killer arachnids.
* [[OneSceneWonder One Issue Wonders]]
** Vivatma Visajit, the Hindu version of Iron Fist from issue 16 who can channel the Brahman.
** The various previous [[spoiler:and one future]] Iron Fists, some of whom received their own specials.
* TearJerker: How Fat Cobra became an Immortal Weapon: [[spoiler:Over his unnaturally long life, he sired thousands of bastard children; each with great talent and skill for combat, and each wanting blood for their abandonment. Fat Cobra spent years defending himself from sudden attacks, killing them all, until there were none left to fight]].
* UnfortunateImplications: Iron Fist's origin hasn't aged well. As noted [[http://thenerdsofcolor.org/2014/03/11/marvel-please-cast-an-asian-american-iron-fist/ here]], Danny's origin plays the very old and very DiscreditedTrope of MightyWhitey incredibly straight, and does raise issue for his upcoming Netflix show.