* AuthorsSavingThrow: The developers, after picking a large fight with the negative reviewers, conceded to the flaws in their game. They released a massive patch for the game to address the major issues, created a newer, more intense demo, reduced the price, and then remade and re-released the game.
* ClicheStorm: Lots of this game is taken wholesale from other games, ''Franchise/TombRaider'' and ''Franchise/BioShock'' being the most obvious ones, and played straight.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: "I've got two balls, Kate, and neither of them are crystal."
* GeniusBonus: The terrorists call themselves the Malthusians, after English economist Thomas Robert Malthus, who is known for his theories about the dangers of populations growth.[[note]]"The power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the earth to produce subsistence for man." -- Thomas Malthus, 'An essay on the principle of population'[[/note]]
--> "We also wanted to make our terrorists real; to stand for something, not just to be game cannon fodder. It's about treating gamers as intelligent, well-informed people." -- [[http://www.ps3attitude.com/2008/09/hydrophobia-sequel-revealed-blade.html Pete Jones]]
* NightmareFuel: The premise. You are trapped belowdecks on a [[DrowningPit sinking ship]] full of [[TriggerHappy trigger-happy]] [[MoreDakka gun-wielding]] [[BombThrowingAnarchists terrorists]] while all kinds of electricity and oil ([[KillItWithFire sometimes combined]]) are being spat out by the damaged vessel. Got that? Good. Now get moving, [[ItsUpToYou you've got a ship to save]]!
* ThatOneAttack: Do NOT stand out in the open when the grenades are flying.