* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: A unique case regarding that unlike most racing games (and pretty much any 90s game in general) is that instead of the standard techno or metal/rock soundtrack, the game has an orchestral/rock soundtrack. It really comes to head in Venice Canals, with the intense, operatic score to go with the pace of racing at high-speeds through the old CityOfCanals.
** The original's main theme. The ScareChord intro combined with the quiet synth-guitar in the background crying out is just the best thing you will hear in arcades.
* SugarWiki/FunnyMoments: [[spoiler: You can race a freakin' rowboat or a model of the Titanic]]!
** Also, smashing into various obstacles (like civilian boats, penguins, monkeys, the police chasing you, etc...) well send them flying and playing some kind of goofy sound effect.
** And VENICE CANALS.
** How could you forget the Tarzan scream, Yee-haws, and the "Buckle up Reggie, This one's gonna hurt!" when you fall from a really high slope, waterfall, or structure?
** "If you look carefully, you will see that the graphics are made up of thousands ot little triangles." (ooohhh)
** ''[[HydroThunderHurricane Hurricane]]'' has plenty, including the announcer using the "ICanSeeMyHouseFromHere" line, some random AnnouncerChatter in the Area 51 level [[spoiler: once the alien overlords have taken over]], and [[spoiler: being able to race as a rubber ducky, complete with a windup key for the boost animation.]]
* GameBreaker: The Banshee, with it's ridiculous speed and handling as well as being the most stable in its boost. It made the rest of the boats a moot point save for the Cutthroat.
* HarsherInHindsight: The New York Disaster stage, in a game that was released two years before the 9/11 attacks.
* SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome: Lake Powell is all about this. There's a huge ramp in near the start that allows you to fly over a few rock formations, and then there's the part where you can use the back of the dam towards the end to fly over ''a helicopter'' and ''passing train''...
** P.S.: For added fun, hit the helicopter... AND the train.
** You and everyone else manage to inadvertently rescue a stranded ship by leading rescuers to it.
* NightmareFuel: [[spoiler: Nile Adventure, about through mid-leg of the trip, has you go through a tunnel that looks like a giant snake, and then somewhat before the finish line, you encounter a weird serpent like beast that acts as an obstacle]].
** New York Disaster. See HarsherInHindsight above.
* PolishedPort: The home console versions. Not only is it easier to unlock the bonus boats, but there are extra modes depending on the console. PS1 had a career mode, Nintendo 64 had four-person multiplayer, and the Dreamcast had graphics equal to that of the arcade original.
* ScrappyLevel: Ship Graveyard and Venice Canals, mostly because of all the sharp turns and most boost powerups are hidden.