%%* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: Not a single character in the book that isn't subject to this.
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: Johnny's digressions about his and Lude's sexual exploits can seem kind of pointless. Alternately, some readers will find ''everything'' about Johnny kind of pointless.
* EveryoneIsJesusInPurgatory: The book can be seen as a straight use and alternatively as a parody.
%%* FreudWasRight: Played with. Possibly played straight depending on your interpretation.
* GeniusBonus: A brief section of musical notation is printed late in the book. It is the first line of the refrain of "When Johnny Comes Marching Home", otherwise known as "The Ants Go Marching One by One".
* IdiotPlot: They really should've just moved out once hallways starting appearing out of nowhere.
%%* MarySue: Subverted with Kyrie.
* ParanoiaFuel: This book '''will''' make you terrified of the dark.
%%* TrueArtIsIncomprehensible: To the power of ten.