%%* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: Not a single character in the book that isn't subject to this.
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: Johnny's digressions about his and Lude's sexual exploits can seem kind of pointless. Alternately, some readers will find ''everything'' about Johnny kind of pointless. Johnny's incoherent writing is partly justified though because he uses drugs frequently, and, as he himself writes, often writes when on drugs and / or drunk.
* EveryoneIsJesusInPurgatory: The book can be seen as a straight use and alternatively as a parody.
* GeniusBonus: A brief section of musical notation is printed late in the book. It is the first line of the refrain of "When Johnny Comes Marching Home", otherwise known as "The Ants Go Marching One by One".
* HarsherInHindsight: Very early in the story (page 10 or 11), Navy throws away a bit of Karen's hair that's stuck in a brush, and Karen jokingly states that she'll go bald one day and need that hair. [[spoiler: In the story's epilogue, she's in remission from breast cancer.]]
* IdiotPlot: They really should've just moved out once hallways starting appearing out of nowhere.
%%* ParanoiaFuel: This book '''will''' make you terrified of the dark.
%%* TrueArtIsIncomprehensible: To the power of ten.