* AntiClimaxBoss: Zorax was built up as a mysterious leader of the Sark Cult, brainwashing Zemerik and creating an entire force for his mysterious goals. It's revealed that he works for the Karmordians and... [[spoiler: Zemerik swiftly hits him in the back with his electric whip and destroys him after being freed of the brainwashing.]]
* CompleteMonster: Krytus, the 3rd BigBad. He's known as the most malicious being in the multiverse ([[EvilerThanThou this was said by]] ''[[EvilerThanThou another]]'' BigBad!) and evil incarnate. He restarted a eons old war between the Red and Blue Sentients just because he saw the Blues as weak and inferior and desired to conquer the multiverse. When [[BigGood Sage]] froze the Red Sentients, the war continued and Krytus carried out a genocide on the Blues. At one point, it's revealed that he had several thousand Blue Sentients tortured to death and the one who managed to enter hibernation to escape him was punished by having his body sabotaged, dooming him when he woke up. Krytus's first action after [[SealedEvilInACan being freed from his prison]] is to [[YouHaveOutlivedYourUsefulness throw the one who released him off a cliff]]! He then spends most of the series trying to kill Sage (his own sister), who is a pacifist who only wants peace. At one point, after being forced into an EnemyMine with Vert to escape the Shadow Zone, he sets up an ambush for Vert the moment they're out of it, unlike previous villains who normally had the honor to let the Battle Force 5 go after an EnemyMine. Not even the other villains are safe from his wrath, as he starts an EnemyCivilWar among the Vandals through Grimian. But what solidifies this is at the season finale, when he and Sage finally have a confrontation. After asking Sage WasItReallyWorthIt to imprison the Red Sentients, she replies that [[GodzillaThreshold if she hadn't, Krytus would've endangered not only the Blue Sentients, but the multiverse]]. Krytus ''actually agrees with her'', fully admitting that not only does he know what he's doing is evil and wrong, he doesn't care so long as he can conquer the multiverse. The only reason he tried to free the Red Sentients was because he wanted an army to conquer the multiverse with, not out of concern for them.
* EnsembleDarkHorse: There is ''a lot'' of fanfiction featuring Tezz on the Internet.
* FridgeHorror: According to Rawkus, the [[LivingShadow Shadow Speeders]] [[WasOnceAMan were once travelers who spent too long in the Shadow Zone.]] [[spoiler: Near the end of the episode, hundreds of Shadow Speeders show up to stop Vert and Zoom from escaping.]]
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: Indy Car driver Dan Wheldon appeared AsHimself in "Full Throttle" and spends the whole episode violently crashing. Not even a year after the episode aired, Wheldon was killed in a violent crash at the IZOD IndyCar World Championship
* MoralEventHorizon: If he hadn't crossed it before then, Krytus crosses this in "Unite and Strike" [[spoiler:by admitting Sage was in the right by freezing the Red Sentient Civilization in order to stop him and not caring, showing that he knows full well that what an evil, terrible person he is and doesn't care.]]
* NightmareFuel: In the "Shadowzone" episode, when [[spoiler: Zoom]] finally succumbed to the mental effects of the [[TheVirus Shadow transformation]] [[spoiler: and attacked Vert.]] [[NightmareFuel This might be intentional]] based on the use of JitterCam.
** The Ancient Ones haven't been seen yet, but what ''was'' seen of them is rather...unsettling...
** A little flashback to season one, but does anyone find it creepy on Sage's "Human Friendly" Joke? If you think of it, she made it all too real and not to mention ''her laugh''.
* TearJerker: In ''Unite and Strike'', [[spoiler: Sage was "killed" by Kyburi, she uploaded her memory to the Battle Force 5 vehicles and quoted the arc concept from the first episode and TitleDrop before "dying". As she [[DiedInYourArmsTonight faded in Vert's arms]], Vert thought he has failed his mission, almost gone [[RoaringRampageOfRevenge berserk to the point he got only revenge]] in his mind.]] We all know ItGetsBetter. But the plot was classically executed; as Vert is the leader of the team, holding almost all the responsibility, and previous episodes keep remind the viewers about it. When there's a moment where he thought his plan has failed, seeing Vert at a brink of HeroicBSOD is almost unbearable.
* VillainDecay: Zemerik to some degree in season 2. Justified due to the arrival of Krytus, who takes over the Sark and robs him of his army. Not to mention the fact Krytus is much more powerful than he is. This is, however, largely averted with the other villains, as they remain pretty much a consistant threat throughout. Kalus even TookALevelInBadass in season 2 and became an even match for Krytus in combat. The Red Sentients do become easier to deal with, but that's largely due to the Battle Force 5 learning to deal with them and getting the Fuser upgrade, and they still remain the most dangerous villain faction.