* AntiClimaxBoss: Zorax was built up as a mysterious leader of the Sark Cult, brainwashing Zemerik and creating an entire force for his mysterious goals. It's revealed that he works for the Karmordians and... [[spoiler: Zemerik swiftly hits him in the back with his electric whip and destroys him after being freed of the brainwashing.]]
* CompleteMonster: Krytus. To put this in perspective, Sage was [[LastOfHisKind the last of the Blue Sentients]] because of Krytus.
* EnsembleDarkHorse: There is ''a lot'' of fanfiction featuring Tezz on the Internet.
* FridgeHorror: According to Rawkus, the [[LivingShadow Shadow Speeders]] [[WasOnceAMan were once travelers who spent too long in the Shadow Zone.]] [[spoiler: Near the end of the episode, hundreds of Shadow Speeders show up to stop Vert and Zoom from escaping.]]
* HarsherInHindsight: Dan Wheldon's guest appearance, and numerous crashes in the episode, are bound to make you uncomfortable now, due to his death from a severe pile up during a race.
* MoralEventHorizon: If he hadn't crossed it before then, Krytus crosses this in "Unite and Strike" [[spoiler:by admitting Sage was in the right by freezing the Red Sentient Civilization in order to stop him and not caring, showing that he knows full well that what an evil, terrible person he is and doesn't care.]]
* NightmareFuel: In the "Shadowzone" episode, when [[spoiler: Zoom]] finally succumbed to the mental effects of the [[TheVirus Shadow transformation]] [[spoiler: and attacked Vert.]] [[NightmareFuel This might be intentional]] based on the use of JitterCam.
** The Ancient Ones haven't been seen yet, but what ''was'' seen of them is rather...unsettling...
** A little flashback to season one, but does anyone find it creepy on Sage's "Human Friendly" Joke? If you think of it, she made it all too real and not to mention ''her laugh''.
* NeedsMoreLove: The show is actually very well done with a complex plot spanning multiple seasons and well done characters. It has been nominated for Emmies though.
* TearJerker: In ''Unite and Strike'', [[spoiler: Sage was "killed" by Kyburi, she uploaded her memory to the Battle Force 5 vehicles and quoted the arc concept from the first episode and TitleDrop before "dying". As she [[DiedInYourArmsTonight faded in Vert's arms]], Vert thought he has failed his mission, almost gone [[RoaringRampageOfRevenge berserk to the point he got only revenge]] in his mind.]] Of course we all know ItGetsBetter. But the plot was classically executed; as Vert is the leader of the team, holding almost all the responsibility, and previous episodes keep remind the viewers about it. When there's a moment where he thought his plan has failed, seeing Vert at a brink of HeroicBSOD is almost unbearable.
* VillainDecay: Zemerik to some degree in season 2. Justified due to the arrival of Krytus, who takes over the Sark and robs him of his army. Not to mention the fact Krytus is much more powerful than he is. This is, however, largely averted with the other villains, as they remain pretty much a consistant threat throughout. Kalus even TookALevelInBadass in season 2 and became an even match for Krytus in combat. The Red Sentients do become easier to deal with, but that's largely due to the Battle Force 5 learning to deal with them and getting the Fuser upgrade, and they still remain the most dangerous villain faction.