* CompleteMonster: [[BigBad Black Cross Fuhrer]], later known as Black Cross King, serves as the leader of the Black Cross Army. An [[MechanicalAbomination alien from the Cassiopeia constellation]], he created his army of minions and androids with the express purpose of conquering the world. When threatened by a team of United Nations officers, he would order his men to slaughter all of them in the Japanese branch, leaving only one survivor from each base. He would launch various attacks on the city and was even willing to [[WouldHurtAChild kill children]] if it meant advancing his goal. If any of his minions so much as thought of disobeying him, [[BadBoss he would kill them on the spot]]. Nearing defeat, he would use the sacrifice of his most loyal general, Golden Mask, as a way to both escape and carpet-bomb Tokyo, causing untold destruction, not even caring about the death of Golden Mask. Caring only about himself and power, he would also serve as a prototype of countless, diabolical villains of the franchise that would succeed him.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The ending theme, also an EarWorm.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Baseball Mask, a simple MonsterOfTheWeek, appeared in ''two Series/KaizokuSentaiGokaiger movies''. Yeah.
* FirstInstallmentWins: If you ignore SeinfeldIsUnfunny. This series is still the one that gets much exposure and is subject to many homages and parodies.
* SeinfeldIsUnfunny: To put it simply, Goranger has not aged well.
** To be more precise, fans of newer seasons (or PowerRangers fans wanting to get in) will be welcomed by a Sentai that features very little of the common characteristics, like giant robots or combinable weapons. The suit designs are also fairly nonstandard by today's designs, and the special effects didn't allow for a lot of the flashy attacks used on both sides these days. Everything like that that merely doesn't look as good as in the 80s Sentai that are recently getting subbed flat-out couldn't be done back then, before the series proved itself worthy of the budget for even the best 1975 had to offer. While originally ground breaking and impressive, time has not helped this series at all.
** The fact that it has [[ArchivePanic almost twice as many episodes as any other series]] doesn't help either.
* SpecialEffectFailure: Several. Then again, it was made in the mid-1970s, so what do you expect?