* AnticlimaxBoss: [[spoiler:Lethal Doggler's]] final fight against the Galaxy Robo... isn't very much different from your average MonsterOfTheWeek battle, only an evil face appears after he explodes- and then the face explodes, too.
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: The opening credits features a naked body-builder flexing, summoning energy and blasting a big block of ice... which explodes to reveal the five members of the team.
* CaptainObviousReveal: You would be forgiven for believing [[CrossCastRole Igam]] was always intended to be viewed as female and subbers were mistaken for using masculine pronouns.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The opening music is ''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_HzzV-ylEw very awesome]]''. Thank you, [[Music/JAMProject Hironobu Kageyama!]]
** What about the ''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXIgTpC1IvA ending theme]]''? Again, thank you, [[Music/JAMProject Hironobu Kageyama]].
*** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNSghC3yPS8 Even the Filipino version of both themes is epic]].
** So is the movie's [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JoUTwuLTUw opening]]. [[RuleOfThree Yet again, thank you,]] [[Music/JAMProject Hironobu Kageyama]]!
* FanPreferredCouple: There's a lot of fans who'd rather Takeru end up with Momoko eventually. Also an example of ShipsThatPassInTheNight since Takeru and Momoko don't get a focus episode together or even talk to each other very much.
** Takeru/Haruka is also a popular pair, and might have more support in a way that Haruka was once a recipient of Takeru's GetAHoldOfYourselfMan.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: One of the inexplicably popular sentai series aired in the Philippines, including a Tagalog dub of the opening/closing themes.
** Also reciprocated because Ryosuke Kaizu (Red Mask himself) migrated to the Philippines and now has a family with his Filipino wife.
** It has a very strong fanbase in Brazil. Many fans hold the show dearly in their hearts as a very special memory.
** X-1 Mask's design differs greatly from the existing Maskman design scheme - while he might not pass for one of them, [[Series/BattleFeverJ he'd make a passable Battle Ireland or Brazil.]]
** This series notably ran concurrently alongside ''Series/KamenRiderBlack''. 16 years later, ''Kamen Rider'' and ''Super Sentai'' would run alongside each other in the ''Series/SuperHeroTime'' programming block. This got lampshaded during ''Film/KamenRiderXSuperSentaiSuperHeroTaisen'', where Black and the Maskman teamed up to fight Shadow Moon and [[Series/KamenRiderBlackRX General Jark]].
** The team has the Turbo Ranger as a carrier mecha, not to be confused with one of the other [[Series/KousokuSentaiTurboranger turbo]] [[Series/PowerRangersTurbo rangers]].
* TearJerker: Episode 24, where a boy gets transformed into a monster by the MonsterOfTheWeek.
** Also in Episode 26, the one where Kenta meets Seira and dies in the hands of the MonsterOfTheWeek. The sad music did not help.
* UglyCute: Okelampa
* ValuesDissonance: The male Maskmen jokingly impersonate criminals to get the female members to strip. That strikes a modern viewer as rather creepy.
** Takeru delivering a GetAHoldOfYourselfMan slap to Haruka makes perfect sense in context, though that still doesn't make it any less uncomfortable to watch.
* VisualEffectsOfAwesome: A lot of the solo mecha component footage was pretty good looking, probably because they wanted to showcase the first 5-piece mecha. Even the carrier looked kickass, with the rolling tank treads on it. It's just too bad they didn't fight on their own more often.