* AnticlimaxBoss: Voltan is not very good at swordfighting.
* EarWorm: The theme song is actually pretty catchy. Except that loud eagle cry at the start.
** Voltan's theme is also [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GbUi81D5RY quite charming]]
* HeyItsThatGirl: Yes, that is [[RockyHorrorPictureShow Magenta]] moonlighting as a blind seeress.
* HeyItsThatGuy: The same little person actor from ''Prisoners of the Lost Universe'' plays Baldin.
* HilariousInHindsight: So a hero named Hawk goes through a series of disconnected adventures to collect a diverse group of companions, then takes them on a separate quest to gather enough money to finish his actual main quest which he got from a random encounter with a guy carrying an inexplicable and apparently unique automatic crossbow. That's the broad strokes of the first act of ''VideoGame/DragonAgeII'', to the point where the latter is either an homage or blatant ripoff.
* OneSceneWonder: Fitzwalter, the AmbiguouslyGay English dude whose buddy gets killed by the elf.
* SoBadItsGood: A lot of people think that this is one of the best SwordAndSorcery films, if not ''the best'' before ''Film/TheLordOfTheRings'' got in on the action. It has ''silly string'' as a magic immobilization spell.
* SpecialEffectsFailure - Where else can we find a movie with silly string and bouncy balls as magic spells? your mileage may vary
** Extends to the casting:
-->'''Filmmaker 1''': We need a giant!
-->'''Filmmaker 2''': My friend Bob is kind of tall...
-->'''Filmmaker 1''': We need a dwarf!
-->'''Filmmaker 2''': My friend Steve is kind of short...
-->'''Filmmaker 1''': We need an elf!
-->'''Filmmaker 2''': My friend Jeff is kind of skinny and can talk funny...
* TheScrappy: The dwarf Baldin.
** Although others think of him as an EnsembleDarkhorse for being the only character with a definable personality other than "likes to stare stoically at things" or "Unnecessarily hammy".