* CoveredUp: Nobody remembers Fred Neil's original of "Everybody's Talkin'" anymore. And conversely, Nilsson's "Without You," itself a cover of a Badfinger song, was covered up by MariahCarey, her version being released weeks after his death.
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming[=/=]TearJerker: "Remember (Christmas)". It's not for nothing it's the go-to closer for any Nilsson compilation worth its salt.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QghwNqlCRE Jump Into the Fire]]".
** Also, "Everybody's Talkin'", "Without You", "Me and My Arrow", "Coconut", "One"... Need I go on?
* EarWorm: A noted master. Even if you don't like the song, try listening to "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0MktuWkjiU Daybreak]]" without getting those flutes stuck in your head for a good, long while. Go on. I'll wait.
** "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9OqUuA6a0 Brudda bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime...]]"
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7snaYYvdpWM Mmmm-beep-beep, beep-beep, YEAAAAAAAAAAH]]
* HarsherInHindsight: "1941" gets a bit too uncomfortably close to real-life reports of Nilsson's domestic life.
* MisattributedSong: If rock folklore is to be believed, an interesting case of an artist doing the misattributing. Nilsson heard Badfinger's "Without You" at a party and thought it was TheBeatles. When he found out it wasn't he decided to do a CoverVersion.
* TastesLikeDiabetes: ''A Little Touch of Schmilsson in the Night'' sometimes becomes '''schmaltzy as all hell'''.
** "Easy for Me", his contribution to Music/RingoStarr's ''Goodnight Vienna'' album, from around the same period. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHjyJid66eg Observe.]]
* WhatDoYouMeanItWasntMadeOnDrugs: Averted with ''WesternAnimation/ThePoint!'', big time. Don't believe me? Just read the quote on that page.