* CoveredUp: Nobody remembers Fred Neil's original of "Everybody's Talkin'" anymore. And conversely, Nilsson's "Without You," itself a cover of a Badfinger song, was covered up by MariahCarey, her version being released weeks after his death.
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming[=/=]TearJerker: "Remember (Christmas)". It's not for nothing it's the go-to closer for any Nilsson compilation worth its salt.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QghwNqlCRE Jump Into the Fire]]".
** Also, "Everybody's Talkin'", "Without You", "Me and My Arrow", "Coconut", "One"... Need I go on?
* EarWorm: A noted master. Even if you don't like the song, try listening to "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0MktuWkjiU Daybreak]]" without getting those flutes stuck in your head for a good, long while. Go on. I'll wait.
** "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9OqUuA6a0 Brudda bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime...]]"
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7snaYYvdpWM Mmmm-beep-beep, beep-beep, YEAAAAAAAAAAH]]
* GeniusBonus: The title ''A Little Touch of Schmilsson in The Night'' seems like [[WordSaladTitle Word Salad-ish]] PurpleProse, unless you're familiar with ''HenryV'', in which case it's actually a StealthPun:
--->'''from Act IV, Prologue''':
--->Behold, as may unworthiness define,
--->A little touch of Harry in the night.
* HarsherInHindsight: "1941" gets a bit too uncomfortably close to real-life reports of Nilsson's domestic life.
* MisattributedSong: If rock folklore is to be believed, an interesting case of an artist doing the misattributing. Nilsson heard Badfinger's "Without You" at a party and thought it was Music/TheBeatles. When he found out it wasn't he decided to do a CoverVersion.
* SequelDisplacement: 1967's ''Pandemonium Shadow Show'' is often called his debut album, but it was actually his second, after 1966's somewhat obscure ''Spotlight on Nilsson''. It was his first formal attempt at an album, though, since ''Spotlight'' was just a hastily thrown-together compilation of various singles sides and unreleased songs.
* TastesLikeDiabetes: ''A Little Touch of Schmilsson in the Night'' sometimes becomes '''schmaltzy as all hell'''.
** "Easy for Me", his contribution to Music/RingoStarr's ''Goodnight Vienna'' album, from around the same period. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHjyJid66eg Observe.]]
* WhatDoYouMeanItWasntMadeOnDrugs: Averted with ''WesternAnimation/ThePoint!'', big time. Don't believe me? Just read the quote on that page.