* DarknessInducedAudienceApathy: Every character save for those played by Creator/BradDourif and Creator/DannyTrejo are as violently unlikable as possible, and we barely see them (Danny's is killed very early on). Without a single character to like, and with Michael having most of his CreepyAwesome stolen by the beginning in which we see how terrible his life is, why should we watch this movie?
* HilariousInHindsight: People poked fun at how the orderlies at Michael's asylum fed him steroids due to how tall he got. This gets even funnier when in the sequel, Daeg Faerch (the actor who played Michael as a child) was unable to reprise his role because of a massive growth spurt he had between films.
* MoralEventHorizon: Michael crosses it when he brutally kills Ismael Cruz, the only guard who ever showed him any kindness. This was later revealed to have been deliberate; the creators wanted to show just how far gone Michael had become and that he was a monster despite his tragic past.
** Michael bursting through a car windshield is followed by Dr. Loomis shouting "MICHAEL! JESUS CHRIST!" as if he were reacting to someone spilling coffee on the floor. The line even became [[MemeticMutation a meme]] in the Dread Central podcast and forums, usually used whenever Malcolm [=McDowell=] is mentioned.
** Judith's death, due to how comically oversized the WhiteMaskOfDoom is on young Michael.
** As pointed out during the review of the film by Phelous, the merits of giving Michael an origin and explaining his murderous nature is dubious at best (and has been done[[Film/HalloweenTheCurseOfMichaelMyers poorly before]]), but it is difficult to take Michael as a child seriously with the tantrum-esque '''"I'M NOT LISTENING!! *SCREECHES LOUDLY*"''' moment, to say nothing of how this can make it difficult to take this version of Michael seriously as an adult killer.
** A lot of what Ronnie, Michael's stepfather, says and/or does. The film starts off with him mocking his baby stepdaughter by mimicking her crying (she's a baby, of course she's going to cry when you scream at her), then telling Deborah that Michael's probably going to grow up and "cut his dick and balls off and change his name to Michelle". He's almost cartoonishly unlikeable. The whole character is like someone took the mind of a twelve-year-old playground bully and put in the body of a middle-aged alcoholic wreck.
* OneSceneWonder: Ken Foree as a confrontantional trucker.
-->''"I'M BIG JOE GRIZZLY, BITCH!"''
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: Micheal's origin basically boils down to "he liked killing people as a kid". The origin wasn't fleshed out much, and as a result they ruined the mystery of his character.
* UglyGuyHotWife : Pretty much every couple on-screen. As CinemaSins points out, are there NO attractive men in Haddonville?