* ArchivePanic: We repeat: it is the ''longest running narrative in human history''.
* LesYay: Olivia & Natalia; started out fighting over Natalia's ex Gus, who ended up dying in a car wreck around the same time Olivia had a heart attack. Put Gus's heart in Olivia's chest, add Natalia's determination to keep a near-suicidal Olivia alive (she wanted to die so as to spite her) so in a way she could keep Gus alive, mix in an undercurrent of respect, let it blossom and you wind up with what many consider to be one of the best same-sex romances of all time.
** However, with the exception of one instance prior to their relationship where Olivia kissed Natalia to prove a point, CBS would not allow any true on screen kiss between the two, causing accusations of homophobia towards the network.
* RetroactiveRecognition: As is part for the course with soaps, many famous actors got their start here.
* SignatureScene: Reva's Iconic [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwkQy6NBEIs The Slut of Springfield]] breakdown, often regarded as one of the finest moments in Daytime.
* UnintentionallySympathetic: Annie. As despicable as most of her actions were, they're pretty understandable when you consider how much Josh jerked her around regarding his feelings for and involvement with Reva and how often the two of them would practically taunt her.