* AwesomeMusic: Despite the "quality" of the rest of the film, Takayuki Hattori did compose a rather nice score for the film, and Godzilla's 1994 theme is very rousing. [=SpaceGodzilla=]'s theme is probably the best theme in the score, sounding not only ominous and powerful, but also seemingly referencing Koichi Sugiyama's Biollante score as well, which actually helps the film since it references the 1989 movie several times. The song that plays over the end credits, Echoes Of Love (by Date of Birth), is also very pleasant.
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: Many of the sequences involving Miki and the Cosmos are not only abrupt, but they really have no impact on the plot whatsoever. Hell, these sequences could be cut from the film altogether, and their absence wouldn't impact the plot in ''any way at all''.
* CompleteMonster: Most Heisei kaiju didn't have a choice about whether they were good or bad. Not so the case with the [[GeniusBruiser wickedly clever]] [=SpaceGodzilla=], an EvilTwin if ever there was one. Created when Godzilla's cells fused with a crytal alien, the resultant clone arrived in our solar system with two thoughts in mind--TakeOverTheWorld and slaughter his genetic donor in the process. Butchering the inhabitants of a space station that he flew past, [=SpaceGodzilla=] arrived on Birth Island where he [[WouldHurtAChild assaulted]], and then kidnapped Godzilla's adoptive son, Junior, out of spite. Making his way to Fukuoka, [=SpaceGodzilla=] converted the entire city into a series of giant crystal spires that drained life from the Earth and fed it into him, enabling him to become stronger and stronger. Slain by Godzilla and MOGUERA before he could repeat the process in other cities, [=SpaceGodzilla=] was described by Mothra's priestesses as [[YouMonster an abomination]] and was as deliberately malevolent as a Heisei monster could get.
* CrazyAwesome: Yuki is a crazy old veteran living on an island alone, trying to kill Godzilla by shooting him in the armpit with a blood colagulent. Later he pilots a giant robot in battle against Space Godzilla and after MOGUERA is taken down, tries to continue the fight with a handheld missle launcher. The guy is out of his mind, but a total badass.
* MoralEventHorizon: [=SpaceGodzilla=] attacking Junior.
* SpecialEffectsFailure: The Asteroid battle. The strings are so obvious, and like the Miki and Cosmos scenes, this could also have been cut without impacting the film, since it makes one wonder just how the Moguera could fly all the way into space in a short time, fight [=SpaceGodzilla=], return to Earth, and still have [=SpaceGodzilla=] not arrive at Earth until sometime later. It almost undoes the goodwill that Kawakita created with the spectacular editing involved in Godzilla's arrival at Birth Island.