* EpicRiff: Too many times to count.
* FaceOfTheBand: Justin Broadrick.
* FirstInstallmentWins: ''Streetcleaner'' still gets praise for its eerie, slow, and enormously heavy sound, more so than all of Godflesh's subsequent albums.
* NightmareFuel: A lot of their work can fall into this trope. Do not listen to ''Streetcleaner'' alone in a dim room.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: ''Slavestate'', with its heavy electronic influences, and ''Songs of Love and Hate'', which featured a LighterAndSofter, HipHop-influenced sound, caused this reaction for many fans.