* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1klxKdBSfc&feature=related The second battle theme]] is just so damn catchy.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QZ90nvjMgU The battle theme of Byblos]] is not bad either, also very catchy.
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: Heracles overcoming his HeroicBSOD and regaining both his strength and confidence in the DS title.
* GameBreaker: In the second game:
** The Argus Spear can be used in battle to cast an attack spell for free. It does 85 damage, very few enemies resist its damage, and unlike normal spells, ''it can never miss''. It's far more useful than the majority of [[SquishyWizard the Statue's]] spells.
** The Dark Moon weapon does more damage in the Hero's hands than even the InfinityPlusOneSword by virtue of hitting twice per turn. To make it even better, [[spoiler:Heracles]] can also wield it.
* GeniusBonus: In the DS game, the herb that cures Poison is called [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithridate Mithridate.]] This is named after Mithridates VI of Pontus, who was said to have built up an immunity to poisons.
* ThatOneAttack: Some enemies in the second game can ''break your equipment'' with their attacks. This typically sets you back thousands of gold.
* [[ThatOneBoss That One Boss:]]
** The second game has the Minotaur. If you haven't been grinding, you'll have only the basic healing spell...and the Minotaur will likely kill your party members in one turn each anyway.
*** There's also Medusa, who can inflict petrification. There's one item in the dungeon that protects against it, and its low defense doesn't help against her powerful attacks.
** The Sphinx in the DS Game. ''CURSE YOU COPYING!!!!''
*** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmVd-a8ROPA&feature=channel&list=UL Orthros, the DS game's second boss, pretty much qualifies.]] The idea is to use Axios's Isell, an multi-hit ice spell, to kill the copies the boss leaves behind ''and'' do massive damage to the boss itself - but less observant first-time players might not figure that out. Worse, your party is barely reaching level ten, and Axios doesn't have a lot of MP. Granted, Overkill restores all MP, but this is a mechanic newcomers may not have come to grips with. Plus, Orthros' attacks are heavy hitters; the player might not have time to deduce these facts before getting pulverized by the original and its copies.