!!The 1992-2000 original:
* AwesomeMusic: Using several Queen songs. Including "Another One Bites the Dust" whenever someone fell out, the Gladiators theme, Duel, the Eliminator.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Wolf and Jet.
** Helped by the fact that Michael Van Wijk asked the producers to let him be mean, with the result being that he really stood out against the rather polite and friendly Gladiators.
** During the 1993 celebrity special, one of the Gladiators ripped John Fashanu's outfit and exposed his gentleman's region. This forced him to use a powerball to preserve his modesty, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSa6_6kjRQ TV using a Gladiators symbol]].
** In a quarter-final of that year's main series Wolf pulled contender Roddy [=McKay=]'s shorts down during Hang Tough and was reprimanted by John Anderson. He protested, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AyozpaYasY "The referee's being unfair — he had pants on."]]
** The 1997 Comic Relief special, where the two contenders were played by popular soap actors. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOd0mEBlvsg One of them is unfit, overweight and drinks beer throughout the contest but wins the final through a series of corrupt tricks, including bribing both Wolf and John Anderson with wedges of cash, and getting an associate in the audience to take down the other contender with a poisoned blowdart.]]
* HeartwarmingMoments: Gladiator Panther, who made her return in a Celebrity Special after suffering a nasty injury on Tilt [[note]]([[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chgk3l-LybI She landed head first on the mat, with her feet over her back.]])[[/note]], thanking those who sent her "get well" wishes during her recovery...and the flowers.
* MemeticBadass: Wolf, who didn't excel at any event but reached legendary status among fans as the most ferocious of the Gladiators (and was promoted as such by the show.)
* MomentOfAwesome: The ActionGirl above, but also the Duel between [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhYKEmxY7_c Wolf and Vulcan.]]
** And prior to that, the fact that the Contendor managed to knock Wolf off the platform in 3 seconds!
* SeasonalRot: By about Series 5, it was clear that the producers had run out of ideas and the public was starting to get bored. It was also the year that saw a few popular Gladiators suffer a CareerEndingInjury. The series never really recovered from there.
* NarmCharm: It could get silly, and the stuff that was an act seems obvious nowadays, however it really knew how to grip an audience and play up the competitiveness of it all.
* SoCoolItsAwesome: The whole damn show. Even if it may seem silly these days, it's hard to dispute how epic the setting and events were.
* TearJerker: Early on in the run, someone failed to finish the Eliminator because they couldn't climb the ropes, the second obstacle. They broke down into tears, as well.
** Another contender infamously broke down during Gauntlet after several false starts cost them the chance to earn some much-needed points.
* TheScrappy: Tilt, because it was dangerous even by the standards of the show. it was axed due to serious injuries to Panther and Nightshade..
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: Unfortunately this happened in the final series, which likely killed off the show too. Changing the iconic outfits, very poorly thought out new games, as well as the fact they made the games easier for Contenders caused a big backlash.
** Pyramid also suffered from this. Following Jet's injury it was suspended until they could make it safer, which unfortunately killed off any tension it once had. It was canned shortly after.
** Pole-Axe as well, also due to injuries. They added safety harnesses onto it, while a sensible move also eliminated any tension it once had. it managed to survive into the final series however.
* UnfortunateImplications: Some of the codenames given to the black Gladiators were ... less than politically correct. Shadow? Saracen? Nightshade? Fortunately, they got better about this in the later seasons.
!!The 2008-09 version:
* FoeYay: In series one, one female contender pulled off Panther's clothes in Earthquake.
* JumpingTheShark: You could argue the franchise jumped when they revived the show. Judging by the water tanks, they could have fit sharks in them.
* MomentOfAwesome: Wolf's return in the 2008 Legends Special was apparently subject to ''five solid minutes'' of applause, sadly cut for time. It forced the producers to quiet the crowd.
* TearJerker: Like the original series, one episode had a contestant get seriously injured in one of the events, but they insisted on playing through. However when they made it to the Eliminator, the contestant was not able to run it, choosing to just watch on from the starting point. Their family, especialy their child, were in tears.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: Getting John Anderson and the Legends back may have helped Series 1, but then getting rid of John, keeping Wolf on the sidelines, and getting rid of Kirsty Gallacher obviously didn't help. Considering the series only had lukewarm ratings and reception and seemed cheesier than the original, it's no wonder it was cancelled.
** There was also the fact that most of the male Gladiators had this damn attitude which felt like all of them were trying to be Wolf.