* DemonicSpiders: Generally, any monster that has two or more ranged attacks. Particularly Liches, Vampires, and Succubi because they can [[WolfpackBoss appear in groups up to five]].
* FridgeLogic: The Sand Golem is not a part of the Golem family of enemies, but a species on its own. Maybe because he's so weak.
* GameBreaker: In several areas, you fight all types of monsters (often nearly every non-boss type you've encountered so far), and all of them give money on par with monsters that belong in that section of the map. In the last of these areas, even the weakest of monsters give out five digit payoffs.
** If you're lucky (Or unlucky, depending on your point of view) when going through that area, you can find Ambrosia, the strongest member of the Gargoyle family. Taking it down will take you an eternity, but the reward for doing so is so high your eyes will go wide in awe.
* MostAnnoyingSound: the sound of your ally finally getting around to healing you... when you're already dead.
* ScrappyMechanic: Counter hits. If you get hit by a projectile while swinging your weapon, you take a lot more damage, potentially suffering a OneHitKill. You are ''always'' swinging your weapon. One of the best accessories is the one that turns this mechanic off.
* ThatOneBoss: [[spoiler: [[WakeUpCallBoss The Sorceress]], [[BulletHell Efreet]], [[MacrossMissileMassacre Snow Witch]], [[LandMineGoesClick Yggdrasil]], and [[IntangibleMan Death]] ]]
** Every boss can be That One Boss if you're not prepared enough. Even the second boss, the Elven Archer, can be a tough customer when you're not used to the game.