* AcceptableTargets: Monsters supposedly only attack evil people like Republicans.
** Also Jews, blacks, born-again Christians, lesbians, and the mentally disabled. It might be easier to list targets that aren't acceptable in the dub.
* AnimationAgeGhetto: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpSvRc7pNbI Ignored completely]] in the GagDub.
* ClicheStorm: ''Every'' horror cliché gets used at some point in this series, naturally lampshaded in the GagDub.
* CrossesTheLineTwice: The dub.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: Leo's voice actor in the GagDub, Creator/GregAyres, is well known for his jokes about Christian Slater's acting career and it even became a slight RunningGag in the dub, as he mentioned "Christian Slater's career" when listing the people boarding the ferry to River Styx.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Amanojaku is the greatest character in the entire show. How could you go wrong with a DeadpanSnarker ghost cat?
* GrowingTheBeard: ADV's GagDub is all right early on, actually mostly staying close to the original script. Episode 5 and afterwards is where they really start to improvise and where the dub hits its stride.
* HilariousInHindsight: English dub episode 19, "Please stay tuned for probably ''the'' hottest homosexual newscaster on the planet, my friend, Anderson Cooper." This came out six years before Cooper's actual revelation.
* MemeticMolester: Babasare. Seriously what is the reason of her appearing ''only'' to children?
* MisBlamed[=/=]MisaimedFandom: Creator/ADVFilms occasionally catches flak for the personality changes in their GagDub of this series. Actually, ADV was told to do whatever it took to make the series sell... so they did.
* SubbingVersusDubbing: Regardless what you think about the English dub, on the other hand the Colombian Spanish dub not only is a literal straight dub, but [[SoOkayItsAverage also a relatively mediocre one]] due of the [[DubNameChange changed names compared with the English dub]] and wooden performance.[[note]]Althrough that was because in Colombian Spanish it's very difficult to pronounce some Japanese words and names, compared with other Spanish dialects.[[/note]]Also the dub was done in Argentina.
!! For the Literature/GhostStories books by SeananMcGuire:
* EarWorm: Given the songs the chapters are all named for, there's an actual pop music soundtrack that might get into a reader's head.