* AcceptableTargets: Monsters supposedly only attack evil people like Republicans.
** Also Jews, Blacks, Asians, born-again Christians, lesbians, and the mentally disabled. It might be easier to list targets that ''aren't'' acceptable in the dub.
* AnimationAgeGhetto: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpSvRc7pNbI Ignored completely]] in the GagDub.
* ClicheStorm: ''Every'' horror cliché gets used at some point in this series, naturally lampshaded in the GagDub.
* CrossesTheLineTwice: The dub.
** Especially the things [[TheFundamentalist Momoko]] says.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: Too many to list in the gag dub.
** Leo's voice actor in the dub, Creator/GregAyres, is well known for his jokes about Christian Slater's acting career and it even became a slight RunningGag in the dub, as he mentioned "Christian Slater's career" when listing the people boarding the ferry to River Styx.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Amanojaku is the greatest character in the entire show. How could you go wrong with a DeadpanSnarker ghost cat?
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: The joke with Reiichirou and the Merry Mary doll becomes a lot less funny when you learn that his voice actor Illich Guardiola was arrested in 2014 for sexual assault of a 16 year old (consent age in Texas is 17).
** The scene in Episode 7 where Satsuki asks her compact mirror who's the prettiest girl around and Amanojaku answers with Creator/LindsayLohan. Today, that response would be considered incredibly ironic; it wasn't back in 2005.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: Very few people in Japan know this anime even exists, but the GagDub made it a cult hit in North America.
* GrowingTheBeard: ADV's dub is okay early on, actually staying fairly close to the original script in the first two episodes, becoming a bit looser in episodes 3 and 4. Episode 5 and onward is where they really start to improvise and where the dub hits its stride.
* HilariousInHindsight: English dub episode 19, "Please stay tuned for probably ''the'' hottest homosexual newscaster on the planet… my friend, Anderson Cooper." This came out six years before Cooper publicly outed himself.
* MemeticMolester: Babasare. Seriously what is the reason of her appearing ''only'' to children?
* MisBlamed[=/=]MisaimedFandom: Creator/ADVFilms occasionally catches flak for the personality changes in their dub of this series. Actually, ADV was told to do whatever it took to make the series sell… so they did.
* SoOkayItsAverage: The general opinion on the original Japanese version, and part of the reason it didn't catch on. Opinions on the GagDub, [[LoveItOrHateIt on the other hand…]]
* SubbingVersusDubbing: Regardless what you think about the English dub, on the other hand the Spanish dub not only is a literal straight dub, but [[SoOkayItsAverage also a relatively mediocre one]] due to the [[DubNameChange changed names]] (the English keeps most of the original names) and wooden performances.[[note]] Although that was because in Argentinian Spanish it's very difficult to pronounce some Japanese words and names, compared with other Spanish dialects.[[/note]] [[note]]There is apparently confusion as to whether the Spanish dub was done in Argentina or Colombia.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: There was an episode made but never aired (and probably never recorded by the seiyuu) revolving around the kuchisaki-onna, a female ghost with a disfigured face. It's supposed to look like a GlasgowGrin but the anime depicted it more like a cleft palate. In order to avoid offense, the episode was shelved. Can you ''imagine'' what ADV's GagDub would have done with ''that'' material? On second thought, maybe it's best that it never saw the light of day.
** Greg Ayres expressed regret that the Mel Gibson Jew rant happened just a few weeks after production wrapped, as he would have loved to have incorporated it into the final episode.
!! For the Literature/GhostStories books by SeananMcGuire:
* EarWorm: Given the songs the chapters are all named for, there's an actual pop music soundtrack that might get into a reader's head.
* GeniusBonus: Apple the Routewitch Queen's origin can be derived from hints within the story with some digging. It's not pretty.