* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: [[DoNotExplainTheJoke At the risk of ruining a funny joke]]... early on in the film, only one of the four African guides seems to be able to speak English, despite it being confirmed that the other three can at least ''understand'' it. Midway through the film, when the trio reveal that they ''can'' speak it, their boss, Kwame, gives them a look. Whether this is a look of genuine surprise that they actually can speak English or annoyance that they had ruined a long-standing joke they were playing on Lyle is up to the viewer to decide.
* AngelDevilShipping: George for his kindness and Ursula (who was Magnolia on Season 1) because of her rude behavior.
* BetterThanItSounds: Has something of a reputation as being the only good live action film based on a cartoon.
* BrokenBase: Fans are divided on which of the 3 TV shows is better.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: POTUSA's rendition of, ''"[[EarWorm George, George, George of the Jungle, strong as he can be...]]"''
* FanPreferredCouple: George and Ursula (2008 Version) some people prefer George with Magnolia (being an expy of Ursula of 1967)
** "Now comes the part where we throw our heads back and laugh! Ready?"
** "READY! AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
** "This hurt George. But George not care."
** George and Ursula (Gesula) has few shipping moments while got a little more as Magnolia.
** George and Magnolia (Geomag) has more shipping moments on the 2008 series while her name is now Ursula for 2015, there's so much shipping between those two.
* ShipToShipCombat: George/Ursula & George/Magnolia 2015 Version.
* SoOkayItsAverage: The general view of the Disney film. Most of the praise goes to the film at least being faithful to its source material.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: A lot of changes were made for the 2015 reboot. Perhaps the most jarring is Magnolia and Ursula have switched names.
** Many felt the same way with the 2008 series.