* BeamMeUpScotty: A few "George Carlin Quotes" lists and a "New Rules for Hurricane Katrina" chain e-mail have been making their way around the Internet for some time now. None of them are actually written by George. This got so bad that George had to put up a disclaimer on his website that he wasn't the one who wrote them. Lampshaded in Music/WeirdAlYankovic's "Stop Forwarding that Crap to Me" with the line "And by the way, your quotes from George Carlin aren't really George Carlin."
** With the current (as of 2013) popularity of Facebook, many quotes that he might not have said are added to pictures of him and shared throughout the website.
* BigNameFan: The late Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez actually made the aforementioned golf rant part of his national policy. It doesn't get much bigger than that.
* FanNickname: "Old Fuck", posthumously, since in ''It's Bad For Ya'', Carlin expressed his desire to be known as that. ("Who's the old fuck?" "That's Georgie, the old fuck.")
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: The segment in ''It's Bad For Ya'' covering "Things We Say When People Die". When Carlin died only a few months later, this was not lost on his surviving family, with his daughter making references to it at his own funeral. That said, Carlin wanted them to laugh at his funeral, and laugh they did.
** His rant on 1999's ''You Are All Diseased'' about how pointless airport security was and how he didn't believe terrorists were out to hijack planes quickly became this only 2 years later when, in fact, terrorists DID hijack planes.
** His ''Fuck Lance Armstrong'' became this, or HilariousInHindsight when he was revealed to dabble with steroids.
* ThePeteBest: He originally partnered with Jack Burns, and though he had a great career of his own, it was never as big as it was with Carlin.
** Once boasted that he was actually the ANTI-Pete Best for replacing Ringo Starr on ''Shining Time Station''.
* PlayingAgainstType: His stand-up is mostly about the CrapsackWorld in which we live. In the ''Film/BillAndTed'' movies, he plays a character from a time in which everything is pretty much perfect.
** In Dogma he played a pompous, corrupt Catholic Cardinal.
** In [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGw7LjB23FE an interview]], he cited this as being the exact reason he accepted the role of Mr. Conductor on ''Series/ShiningTimeStation'', a '''''children's program''''' on PBS.