* CompleteMonster: In an evil organization full of idiots who don't get their job right, Exhaus is the ''only'' villain in the show to be presented as a legitimate threat, even more so than an empowered Ritchhiker. Disguising himself as a fortune-teller, he tricked the Bowzock into doing his dirty work by giving them a post card about the good luck they would gain through blowing up planets, including Dappu's. The first thing he did in his debut is to intoxicate Planet Polis, turning Signalman into a RabidCop. Exhaus would later enact a new EvilPlan to get rid of the Carrangers by kidnapping Dappu and siphoning his Kuru-Magic Power for the Bowzock mecha's "Akumagic Power". When that failed, he personally took matter into his own hands: he used the Bowzock to distract the Carrangers as part of his XanatosGambit before backstabbing the said villain group by turning their SupervillainLair into a ColonyDrop in an attempt to to destroy Earth, and he would've succeeded if it weren't for Sirender. A petty, selfish and greedy bastard, Exhaus wants nothing more than the annihilation of Earth to make way for his "[[TheHitchhikersGuideToTheGalaxy Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy]]"-style interstellar highway for aliens.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KtUMiP-gD8 The theme for VRV Robo.]]
** When the Carrangers finally get around to acting like honest-to-god heroes, a certain theme starts playing: "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXOFyGQ_0lQ Gekisou Accel Changer!]]" (specifically the second part, starting at 0:38).
** Signalman and Sirender's theme song is surprisingly cool, especially during Sirender's first fight: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tOvowN5as8 Shirobai Yaro Signalman]][[note]] Shirobai = a motorcycle cop's bike, universally painted white in Japan[[/note]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT8VvHLVKzU&feature=related Victrailer Kyodai-naru Machine]] (Giant Machine [=VicTrailer=]) has a ''ludicrously'' heroic theme. Godzilla meets a goddamn force of justice, really.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T255hmj9_VU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL Dakara Tatakau Carranger]] (Why Carranger Fights) plays while Red Racer mans (leaders?) up and steals back the stolen RV Robo.
* EvilIsSexy: Zonnette[[spoiler:, before her HighHeelFaceTurn]].
* FamilyUnfriendlyAesop: Carranger vs Ohranger has Kyousuke learn an important lesson, that he should always judge whether someone's good or not based on their physical appearance.
* HollywoodPudgy: Youko. A big deal is made in episode 11 about how overweight she is with everyone from the monster of the week to news reporters commending on it. When she is shown in a bikini, however, she is basically skin and bones.
* MemeticMutation: The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AS-8wsledg "Select Your CarRanger"]] [[CrowningMusicOfAwesome music]] from the SuperFamicom game has seen plenty of use in [[YouTubePoop YTPMVs]].
* TheProblemWithLicensedGames: Averted. It's pretty basic but the Super Famicom game based on the show is a decent play.
* RecycledPremise: Sort of. Exhaus' evil plan is almost identical to that of the Vogons from ''Franchise/TheHitchhikersGuideToTheGalaxy''.
** Not just that, but the "car" theme was already used by Series/KousokuSentaiTurboranger, something that was referred to even back when Carranger first came out (and Gokaiger doesn't hesitate to use for a gag). Ironically, the full title of this series was originally the preliminary title for Turboranger.
** It's also similar to Film/BlazingSaddles in that it's a comedy involving an army of thugs sent to clear out a small backwater to make way for the construction of a lucrative transport route.
* SuspiciouslySimilarSong: One of the battle themes seems very much similar in tone of ''VideoGame/SuperRobotWars4'''s Time To Come.
* TearJerker: The death of Speed King Max in episode 9 is not played for laughs at all, and it's ''heartbreaking.''
* WinBackTheCrowd: After [[Series/KyoryuSentaiZyuranger four]] [[Series/GoseiSentaiDairanger pre]][[Series/NinjaSentaiKakuranger ceding]] [[Series/ChourikiSentaiOhranger seasons]] of mixed audience reactions and wildly varying styles, a bit of parody restored viewer faith. Helps that it does the parody ''right'' - everything is ramped UpToEleven, both good and bad. The serious moments are serious, the comedy moments are ''hilarious''.
* TheWoobie: Naoki