* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KtUMiP-gD8 The theme for VRV Robo.]]
** When the Carrangers finally get around to acting like honest-to-god heroes, a certain theme starts playing: "[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3gZCT6xuDwGekisou Accel Changer!]]" (specifically the second part, starting at 0:38).
** Signalman and Sirender's theme song is surprisingly cool, especially during Sirender's first fight: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tOvowN5as8 Shirobai Yaro Signalman]][[note]] Shirobai = a motorcycle cop's bike, universally painted white in Japan[[/note]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT8VvHLVKzU&feature=related Victrailer Kyodai-naru Machine]] (Giant Machine [=VicTrailer=]) has a ''ludicrously'' heroic theme. Godzilla meets a goddamn force of justice, really.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T255hmj9_VU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL Dakara Tatakau Carranger]] (Why Carranger Fights) plays while Red Racer mans (leaders?) up and steals back the stolen RV Robo.
* EvilIsSexy: Zonnette[[spoiler:, before her HighHeelFaceTurn]].
* FamilyUnfriendlyAesop: Carranger vs Ohranger has Kyousuke learn an important lesson, that he should always judge whether someone's good or not based on their physical appearance.
* HollywoodPudgy: Youko. A big deal is made in episode 11 about how overweight she is with everyone from the monster of the week to news reporters commending on it. When she is shown in a bikini, however, she is very slim (not helped by the fact that Natsumi is shown in a bikini besides her and looks EXACTLY THE SAME).
* MemeticMutation: The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AS-8wsledg "Select Your CarRanger"]] [[CrowningMusicOfAwesome music]] from the SuperFamicom game has seen plenty of use in [[WebAnimation/YouTubePoop YTPMVs]].
* MisBlamed: Or rather, Miscredited - as noted on the main page, western fans will often refer to this series as the one that saved ''Super Sentai''. However, toy sales for ''Carranger'' (11.8 billion yen) were lower than those of [[Series/ChourikiSentaiOhranger it's predecessor]][[note]]to be fair, it's worth noting that ''Ohranger''[='=]s toy sales are some of the highest in the franchise, at ''15.9 billion''; it's higher than ''Series/KamenRiderRyuki'', the highest selling ''Kamen Rider'' series, which sold 13.9 billion yen, and within the ''Super Sentai'' franchise, the only shows that come close to ''Ohranger'''s toy sales are ''Series/HyakujuuSentaiGaoranger'', which sold 14.5 billion yen worth of toys, and ''Series/ZyudenSentaiKyoryuger'', which sold 14 billion yen worth of toys from sales in Japan alone[[/note]], and in terms of viewing numbers, for the majority of it's run[[note]]up until around the time the VRV Master debuted[[/note]], ''Carranger'' had even ''lower'' ratings that ''Ohranger''[[note]]in fact, the lowest rated episode of ''Super Sentai'' in the entire franchise was episode 25 of ''Carranger''[[/note]].
* TheProblemWithLicensedGames: Averted. It's pretty basic but the Super Famicom game based on the show is a decent play.
* RecycledPremise: Sort of. Exhaus' evil plan is almost identical to that of the Vogons from ''Franchise/TheHitchhikersGuideToTheGalaxy''.
** Not just that, but the "car" theme was already used by Series/KousokuSentaiTurboranger, something that was referred to even back when Carranger first came out (and Gokaiger doesn't hesitate to use for a gag). Ironically, the full title of this series was originally the preliminary title for Turboranger.
** It's also similar to Film/BlazingSaddles in that it's a comedy involving an army of thugs sent to clear out a small backwater to make way for the construction of a lucrative transport route.
* SuspiciouslySimilarSong: One of the battle themes seems very much similar in tone of ''VideoGame/SuperRobotWars4'''s Time To Come.
* TearJerker: The death of Speed King Max in episode 9 is not played for laughs at all, and it's ''heartbreaking.''
* TheWoobie: Naoki