* AwesomeArt: The paintings of Mewsette that Meowrice commissions.
* AnimationAgeGhetto: Despite being a fairly sophisticated story, with plenty of non kid-friendly themes such as prostitution and [[DrivenToSuicide attempted suicide]], the film is more often than not lumped into [[WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids the children's movie section]] at video stores.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: ''The entire film''.
* EvilIsCool: Meowrice can be very well considered this. Expecially given his VillainSong, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTiPr2l_6o8 "The Money Cat"]]. To some, the fact he is voiced by Creator/PaulFrees helps.
* GeniusBonus: The portraits of Mewsette are done in the recognizable styles of the various named artists.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids: Okay. A farm girl leaves her DoggedNiceGuy boyfriend and runs off to Paris. She immediately catches the eye of a sleazy sweet-talker who takes her to a "school" that will "teach her to be a Proper Lady". In between lessons, he wines and dines and tells her how amazing she is. When the girl's boyfriend shows up, the sleazeball sees him first, gets him and his sidekick [[SlippingAMickey pass-out drunk]] and ''[[PressGanged sells them into slavery]]''. While the boyfriend is off in Alaska earning the money to get back to France, the sleazeball reveals that ''he'' doesn't want to marry her, he wants her to become a rich old American's MailOrderBride. She runs away and spends an unspecified amount of time hiding in the alleyways and sewers of Paris before she is cornered and attempts ''[[IDieFree suicide]]'' to evade capture, but fails. She's packed in a ''crate'' and taken to a train only for her boyfriend to arrive JustInTime to beat the ever-loving ''crap'' out of the sleazeball and his gang. There are scene-setting songs. Is this a kid's cartoon or a swashbuckling adventure flick? Replace cats with people, and it is a romantic musical with an all-adult cast. Even Jaune Tom's [[ChekhovsSkill champion mousing ability]] could just be a back-woods punk's skill at bare-knuckle boxing.